The POST - NBA Discussion Thread

It was hard to hear but something like

Jericho RI cho

Marv Albert @NBAonTNT spreading the good word about @AEWrestling #AEWDoN during the NBA ECF on @tntdrama. Just wild.@MattJackson13 @NickJacksonYB @KennyOmegamanX @IAmJericho @CodyRhodes @brlive pic.twitter.com/p8Vnjlz3O2

— Excalibur (@ShutUpExcalibur) May 24, 2019
1 Like

Chris Je Re ko…

That’s odd. “Jericho” is a word that an English-speaking (and probably other languages) grownup should know regardless of their relationship with pro wrestling.

This was pretty surreal.
It makes me think Kenny Omega is going to catch fire because of his universal appeal and what his character (and he) stands for.

My buddy was on the private jet with Nav last game. Insane.

I’m heading to game 6 Saturday and for my finals tickets ready.

Too bad DON will catch the replay

1 Like

The Raptors and the Warriors go back and forth in the first half, really intense game going right now. Looks like our mutual friend has decided to join the party! Helwani Nose!

2 Likes

Warriors in 6 @ Oracle

Damn, Pascal Siakam is feeling it tonight!

1 Like

That’s 32 points for Pascal Siakam, a new playoff career high. Toronto making James Naismith proud!

I was at game 1. Incredible that the Raps won.

It’s weird the ACC was very quiet and a totally new crowd for the finals. A lot of the regular fans weren’t there as they sold their seats for money I think and instead had more of the older hockey types out that hadn’t really been to a basketball game before.

A lot of fun but I hope everyone is louder on Sunday! Go Raptors!

1 Like

This is one of the many reasons I hate Toronto sports “fans”. A true fan wouldn’t sell their tickets to a finals game. Especially if it’s the teams first final. You couldn’t pay me enough to give up tickets to any of my teams games, if it’s the final.

I agree. I am going to all home games. I’ve been waiting forever for this. There is a couple behind me who I always see and instead there were a couple of young girls there just taking selfies and not watching. Ditto for a lot of the crowd sadly

2 Likes

One. Win away.

Someone offering me 6k for my game 5 tickets. No way I am selling!

1 Like

Warriors do not deserve to win the title this year, they have gotten outplayed this whole series.

The injuries are killing them.

They’ve been pretty lucky up to this point, so it was probably due.

1 Like

:canada: :basketball: :maple_leaf:
Let’s go Raptors!

If you told the Warriors they’d have no KD, a 50-70% Klay, Iggy, Looney and Cousins I don’t think they’d even expect to make the finals.

That said, guys look gassed.

Relying on Iggy and Livingston for real quality production at this stage of their career and running out guys like McKinnie and Bogut to eat minutes is just counterproductive. Plus hey keep trying to play super fast and Toronto is too well equipped to beat them at that.

If/When Kawai wins another title in another city who becomes his comp in terms of legacy? The only guy I can think of winning titles in multiple places in their Apex is Shaq. It’s rare top guys go to multiple finals or win multiple championships in their prime on different teams in one-off fashion. And if he leaves, he really starts to become a mercionary to help teams win titles. Unique.

Did you forget LBJ? He’s the obvious example for winning in multiple cities.

Shaq has handed that title by Wade. LBJ was MVP on two different teams that won

At least that was a better prediction than most people on Twitter, saying Warriors in 3.