The Real Bidding War of 2024!

Rumors around Okada and his, in January of 2024, ending contract are roaming around in the wrestling world which we all hold so dear. Imagine you are his agent. What would you tell him? AEW, WWE or stay in Japan? Nakamura’s push is clearly aiming towards Okada and showing him how nice WWE can be to Japanese talent. AEW just got Ospreay and there are alot people he already knows and he has been there before.

I see him going to AEW because they can give better deals and allow talent to wrestle in other leagues as well.

My assumption is he goes with an Ospreay deal. AEW - but living and working regularly in Japan. I’d also assume NJPW allows for him to negotiate early with AEW, since they would benefit from it.

He goes to WWE - and then any chance for him to do anything in Japan is basically zero.

2 Likes

He may go AEW. He may stay NJPW.

He’s not going WWE under any circumstances

3 Likes

I think the move for him is to go to AEW as I just can’t see him getting the same level of push in WWE, and he will have a harder time getting over in WWE. In AEW he will be over from day 1.

If WWE really wants him and throw the bank at him, I dont think its impossible for him to go there like some others believe. With that said, let me be clear in saying I think it will be and I think it should be AEW.

WWE is not outbidding AEW for Okada. Tony wants him, while WWE will (at best) make an offer to see if they happen to get him.

If WWE breaks the bank for Okada, that means Wrestlemania in Tokyo is coming soon. No other reason would make the potential expense worthwhile in their eyes.

2 Likes

I mostly agree with this. However, Vince is the type of person that if he realized how badly Tony wanted him, I could see him trying to outbid Tony just say he did it. Do I think that happens? No. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be shocked if it did.

Okada should go to AEW.

Tony will pay whatever it takes to get Okada, which is dumb. And then book him in tournaments until he gets hurt. I don’t think he would be a fit in WWE though

He is a great worker but unlikely to be a difference maker. To my knowledge he hasn’t spiked ratings for AEW has he?

Much better fit for AEW rather than spitting mist in WWE.

Tony didn’t design AEW to make money. He just wants to break even or make a little. It’s not all about profits which is great for fans

1 Like