THEME SONG CONTEST: Rewind-A-Dynamite

These are all freaking awesome. Nice work everyone, wish I had some musical talent to join in

Hey guys, here is my try for the AEW theme song contest.

My name is Pascal, I’m from Montreal.
You guys gave me the opportunity to combine 2 of my passions: wrestling and playing harmonica.

So this is my attempt, the lyrics are below and you may hear a little harmonica…

Had fun doing this, hope you enjoy it.

Hit the lights
And start The action

Love The feuds
Love The factions

Dragon sleepers meteora
Frankensteiner, hurricanrana

From the top rope to the sky
Omg please dont die

John and Wai hold the belt high
Lets review a dynamite

John and wait are dynamite

4 Likes

I’m gonna throw a vote for Jacob because I think it’s very close to the sound I would expect from a post wrestling podcast. It just has the right feel to it. And the lyrics are very well done too.

Really tough , lots of great submissions. Well done everyone!

Hell-o! Here’s my submission. Hope it gets your “stamp” of approval.

John Polluck
And Wai Ting
POST Wrestling
Here we go

It’s Wednesday night
What’s on your mind?
It’s time to rewind
Rewind a Dynamite

With the hosts that we trust the most
If it happened on the show, it’s all in the notes
Light your podcast app to The Six
Canada, Ontario, Toronto, The Office

6 Likes

So many good entries I’m excited to see what’s chosen, good luck all.

1 Like

Here’s a silly song that’s as different as the show it was written about:

John and Wai are sippin’ lattes
Perhaps a vintage Cabernet
There’s no overrun for now
So sit back and recline
Rewind A Dynamite

5 Likes

So many talented people here. I like Jacob and Callum’s entries, both would be great.

Well,well,well what do we have here.A new challenger emerges

:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

Thank you all who entered! So incredibly humbled by everyone’s creative output. I’m amazed at how seamlessly everyone fit our podcast’s awkward title into their beautiful songs. Will be in contact with you all in the days ahead.

6 Likes

Congrats to Jacob, a worthy winner, knew as soon as I heard it I wouldn’t be winning this one! :slight_smile:

And well done to everyone else, great entries as always!

6 Likes

Yours was great too!

2 Likes

Absolutely humbled. Thank you guys! I genuinely loved all the entries and I don’t think they could make a bad choice out of all the amazing options. What a fun competition and again thanks for the opportunity.

10 Likes

Everything was excellent. A lot of talented people here.

5 Likes

Congratulations to Mr. Chestnut! Echoing Callums remarks above, i knew the second i heard your submission that id be hearing it again every week. Im just happy that i can now say that my absolute favorite podcasters have heard me rap and thats a surreal feeling. Beyond honored and humbled to now be introduced into post wrestling canon even of it is in a minor capacity. The wonders and joys that the internet can bring really seem limitless sometimes. The community here is really welcoming and wonderful and it says alot of wai and John that theyve been able to cultivate a fan base like this. Congrats again to jacob and all those who submitted.

2 Likes

All your songs sucked and mine should have won.

2 Likes

I’m Russo writing this thread from now on.
Congrats to all.

1 Like

Congrats to Jacob. The hardest part of a contest like this is figuring out the right vibe/direction that can be fit in such a short framework of time. You definitely have a knack for that so good luck in further pursuits.

If it would have been up to a vote though Brent would have had mine! Smooth shit. Not sure if you are a fan of the Anticon collective but your piece reminded me a lot of their output from the early 2000s.

Thanks John and Wai for giving us fans the chance to show you our skills. I had just as much fun doing this one as I did the last theme song contest (for Review/Rewind-a-Smackdown).

4 Likes

I get you. You’re saying I should have won. Respect.

1 Like

@Bishop_z3r0 oh im definitely familiar. Im a 30 something hip hop head so big in to them, def jux and alot of other shit from that era. Big stan of most early to mid 90s east coast under ground sound.

1 Like