Three matches added to AEW's Fight For The Fallen event on 7/15

I acknowledge that some people don’t take him seriously as a wrestler. That has nothing to do with whether he deserves a shot because some people don’t like him.

1 Like

Add this to the list of reasons why I’m rooting for that man Sonny Kiss. By all accounts, he’s one of the best people in the business (granted that bar gets lower by the day).

If AEW books him correctly, he has the potential to appeal to a segment of the fan base that often times gets overlooked (or worse, outright shunned).

I wish they’d done a better job of building this up (is this his first singles match on Dynamite???), but I’m excited for the match. :100:

5 Likes

Yup his first he has had 2 battle royales and 1 tag.

I don’t want to see the match because I’m just not a fan of Cody. I’m in the minority on this but for a different reason lol.

I’m also not big on Cody matches. They can be incredibly self-indulgent. He’s grown a lot as a worker, but he’s very plodding. Kind of reminds me of Triple H. With the right opponent and story, it can be great. But a lot of the time, it’s lengthy just to be so.

3 Likes

I don’t want to see the match at all and it’s got nothing to do with Sonny. I love Sonny. I just think Cody matches are super boring and slow. He’s a guy that really requires someone with the ability to carry a story in a match.

I suppose AEW will really appreciate that extra 100 viewers. :roll_eyes:

Here’s what I want to see:

• Cody violently beats up Sonny Kiss. Like uncomfortably so. Have Dustin, Janela and Marshall come out to stop him but he still won’t stop. Make Kiss bleed. It’s the perfect next step on Cody’s eventual heel turn

• Cage squashes Moxley. They can play up that Moxley is rusty or just not that confident after quarantine. I just feel Taz and Cage are red hot right now and need the win. Can always tell a comeback story with Moxley

1 Like

I think you are playing with fire if you go this route, an uncomfortable beating may come off like a hate crime.

No way a “woke” company like AEW will book that. I predict he will go 20 minutes.

I’ll predict he goes 8-10 mins.

He’s setting himself up to be a heel. I think it can be done effectively

Considering everything that is going on right now in the US, and the multiple communities Sonny Kiss is a part of, how do you effectively do an “uncomfortable beat-down” from what will perceived as a “rich privileged white male” to a black and gay individual who identifies as male (but is fine with female pronouns) and not make it come off as an act of homophobia, racism or discrimination?

I feel this would outrage people.

For the record, I’m not saying you can’t do a feud between them, but when you take it to “uncomfortable beat-down” there is only one thing that will make it actually uncomfortable.

Let’s file that Sonny Kiss ideas as one of the most uncomfortable things I’ve read here.

1 Like

Wrestling used to mirror society, I think this is a good opportunity to do that. But this is just Cody snapping, they can let people think whatever they want. Cody needs heat and this is a way to get it

Ok, well if they go that route we’ll see how it goes for them.

Can’t see either happening, especially the first. The second thing has a chance but introduction of this FTW belt is just dumb timing and makes Cage winning the AEW title unlikely. Shouldn’t have made this match.

I miss the days when it was okay for people to think the heel is a bad guy rather than just having the heel be a pesky, scooby doo villain.

1 Like

That’s a given. People pretend to be outraged by everything these days. It’s what so many people wait for so that they can get on the internet and pretend to be part of something they have zero interest in, as being part of the mob achieves the primary goal of being a part of something and thus validating their own self worth. I mean, that is so much more important than educating oneself on the complex underlying issues. :roll_eyes:

Seth Rollins enters the chat