Tony Khan on Kevin Kelly's status with AEW: "I prefer not to comment on that"

Originally published at Tony Khan on Kevin Kelly's status with AEW: "I prefer not to comment on that"

Khan also touches on Okada’s arrival as a contracted AEW talent. 

The 3/13 edition of AEW Dynamite is being branded as ‘Big Bu$iness’ from the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. 

Going into this week’s programming, representatives of AEW have made the media rounds including the company’s President and CEO, Tony Khan. He was interviewed by Scott Fishman of TV Insider

Along the way, Khan was asked about Kevin Kelly’s status with the company. PWTorch was first to report that Kelly was fired by AEW. He had been removed from the roster page and there was a Collision taping held that he was not present for. Khan said he prefers not to comment on Kelly’s status. 

I prefer not to comment on that, but I appreciate you asking.

Elsewhere in the chat, Khan stated that he knew for a long time that Kazuchika Okada would make his full-time AEW debut and would be paired with Matthew Jackson and Nicholas Jackson. 

That new set, graphics, and whole new look have got fans excited. We just introduced Will Ospreay and his first match under the AEW banner was also at Revolution. It was very fitting that Will started up just as Sting wrapped up his phenomenal run here and iconic career. Then I knew for a long time that (Kazuchika) Okada would debut and be introduced in The Elite, immediately following Revolution on Dynamite. It sets up for tonight’s AEW Big Business. Tonight is a huge step forward for AEW for many reasons. I have something really special planned for tonight. The rosters of women and men in All Elite Wrestling have never been stronger. This is the perfect time for an event like tonight’s Big Business on Wednesday night Dynamite.

When questioned about surprises for Big Business, Khan said he will not disappoint the fans.

Immediately following the show, POST Wrestling is going to be live on our YouTube channel with a review of the program.

That’s odd. I wonder if there is a legal dispute going on? If he was gone with no issues you would think Tony would just say something as simple as “Kevin is no longer a part of our organization”.

I just say it’s typical at this point. Lol

1 Like

Just send someone else to do interviews. TK just adds nothing. Everything is great, everyone is great and the show is great. Pointless

I know it’s being aggregated to death - but I strongly recommend the recent SXSW panel with Tony, Bryan, and Britt.

Really insightful, and I think a deeper conversation about with Tony on AEW.

Also… this answer isn’t that odd. He has done it for anybody who has left AEW.

1 Like

No it’s odd.

When CM Punk was fired he came out and acknowledged it front of a live audience.

When Cody left he publicly acknowledged it.

When Jade left he made a statement

I’m not even implying he needs to give a “why”, but its odd he’s not even admitting hes no longer with the company, unless there is a legal issue which if it is the case I can understand.

1 Like

You’re right. I stand corrected.

I simply meant that he frequently doesn’t say anything involving legal issues. So perhaps there is something there.

I feel like Cody or Jade are different because they were expired deals and clean.

Punk he had to say something about the termination, but that was it.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t expect him to talk about the legal side of it, that part makes sense. When I said odd, I didn’t mean it in the sense that Tony was being odd, I meant it in the sense that it’s odd it’s not being acknowledged implying something bigger must be going on which leads me to believe there is a legal issue.

1 Like

He also had a lot to say about Big Swole :flushed:

2 Likes

We were all out of our minds on December 31, 2020. It had been a long year.

2 Likes

LOUDER SO THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK CAN HER YOU!

3 Likes