Trish Adora didn't know she was getting into ROH Women's tourney after losing qualifying match

Originally published at Trish Adora didn't know she was getting into ROH Women's tourney after losing qualifying match

The ROH Women’s World Championship tournament is set to kick off this weekend.

Prior to the bracket being revealed for the ROH Women’s World Title tournament at the Best in the World event, the company hosted qualifying matches as a part of their Women’s Division Wednesday series. One of those bouts saw Miranda Alize pick up a win over Trish Adora.

Following the match, Miranda formally received her entry into the tournament by way of Maria Kanellis-Bennett. Despite being on the losing end of the match, Trish was also added to the field of tournament competitors. She told the Shining Wizards Wrestling Podcast that she was not aware that-that was going to happen and when the moment came, she was completely surprised.

No, I did not . I did not. I was like, ‘Alright, let’s chat,’ you know? I knew at that point. I’d lost my match so I was kind of like, ‘Okay, I wonder what the next step is?’ And they sprang that on me and I was like, ‘Oh okay, cool.’ I was like, ‘Cool, can I come right now? I’ll leave right now. I have all my stuff packed right now.’

The tournament begins this weekend on ROH TV and the field includes the likes of Rok-C, Sumie Sakai and Holidead.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the Shining Wizards Wrestling Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.