UEFA EURO 2020 Live Discussion Thread

Smoother and better handling than VAR in the Premier League.

If you’re not watching Russia vs Denmark right now, you’re missing one hell of a game. GOLAZO AFTER GOLAZOOOOOO! They’re moving on!

1 Like

What an absolutely incredible night of football. I love it when fans know whats going on in the other game and you just hear that roar.

Denmark are an absolutely fantastic squad and should be everyones second favourite team. I’ll be gutted when Bale scores a screamer and Wales knock them out on Sunday

2 Likes

Finally England knock off Germany. Hope they build on this and don’t suffer a letdown now.

1 Like

Can we lock this conversation down now please. Bitter Welsh fan doesn’t need it haha

Hell naw, we are keeping this train going! :soccer:

Wow, stressful penalty shootouts. What a game. Congrats to Italy. Man, I wish Grealish and Sterling would’ve at least tried.

What an memorable tournament this year tho, I don’t even know if the World Cup would even match this next year.

1 Like

It was great. I’m never a fan of shoot outs but it was a good tourney. Congrats to Italy.

1 Like

I was cheering for England but congratulations to Italy. A couple big saves from the keeper gets the job done. I absolutely hate deciding something of this magnitude in a shootout but 120 minutes is exhausting and I really don’t have a viable solution so it is what it is.

Most importantly it makes me sick to my stomach to see the 3 men of colour face such racial abuse for missing a kick in a game… it’s horrendous what’s happening and I encourage all of my fellow postmarks to keep people on their social media in check and hold the arrogant people responsible.

4 Likes

People are so insecure, it’s pathetic.

1 Like

Absolutely… I saw a “point system” for abusing people of colour as a result of these kids missing some kicks… I’ll never post it to give it traction but it honestly turned my stomach just reading it.

The racism is out of order - but generally laughing at the English is wonderful.

As a Welsh man - days and days and days and days and days of biased tv commentary, “It’s coming home” and constant droning on - its great to see them lose

Footballs coming Rome

1 Like

This. But Scottish. Been utterly nauseating for weeks now, delighted they lost.

1 Like

Well I have one. To make sure a team wins during extra time. You take out 2 players from each team just before it starts and every 5 minutes, you take another one out from each team. It’s crazy but it’s better than shootouts.

Is it? Penalty shootouts are pretty fair and require skill/experience/tactics like the rest of the sport. Teams can be good at penalty taking and bad at penalty taking, it’s not just down to fortune like people like to dismiss it as. Turning an 11 v 11 sport on a pitch designed for 11 vs 11 suddenly into 9 vs 9 then 7 vs 7 would cause more problems in terms of “fairness”.

It sucks losing on penalties as it doesn’t feel as justified compared to losing during normal/extra time, but penalty shootouts make sense.

The abuse those young lads have to endure is sick - they should refuse to play the next game. Harry Kane was a complete donkey for a whole tournament - see how England get on without them.

Taking a knee now just gets booed and the abuse is completely unacceptable. Take a stand and refuse to play and when they lose 4 - 0 to lesser opposition maybe people will stop

I understand your point of view. It is just a matter of taste. I really don’t like them.