Ali
Andrade

Round 3 Matches - 3 points each!
Drew
Ali

Finals! - 4 points!
Drew McIntyre

1 Like

Thanks everyone for participating. The unofficial contest is over because the first match has aired (Joe beating Cesaro as 8 out of 13 predicted). But feel free to use this topic to continue to post your thoughts on the tournament.

I think itā€™s great that we have seven different predicted winners. So far:
Drew McIntyre - 5 votes
Kevin Owens - 2 votes
Ali - 2 votes
Baron Corbin - 1 vote
Ricochet - 1 vote
Buddy Murphy - 1 vote
Andrade - 1 vote

I didnā€™t enter in time so Iā€™m out, but predict it will be Ricochet vs Andrade in finals with Ricochet winning.

Cool to see a tournament set up with so many legitimate potential winners being predicted. G1 influence?

They did a tag match with the 4 other guys and Cole called it ā€œThe greatest tournament in sports entertainmentā€ absolutely influenced by it

1 Like

Dang iā€™m only 1-3 after the Andrade and Elias wins today.

Congrats @EL84 @CorSec99 @Conorolo @MJfromNJ @Breng77 on going 4-0 so far!

2 Likes

The Owens loss seemed like the easiest one with the Shane feud continuing, my issue now is it seems like itā€™s going face vs heel in every match so I doubt they have Drew (My pick to win it all) vs Joe in the next round

I really thought theyā€™d have Owens go to the finals, only for Shane to screw him there, so they could hold off for one more month on having Owens/Shane.

1 Like

Yep this was my theory too.

I would have thought the same until they pairs him with Elias who is Shaneā€™s crony round 1. I figured they would cheat him out so they could continue with Owens v Shane week in and week out. I didnā€™t like it but that was my theory.

2 Likes

I mean Cesarā€™s isnā€™t really a face either, I picked Drew as well, but honestly his first round is the most worrisome for me because Ricochet is another strong pick. Buddy going over tonight has me worried about Ali as well, so despite my strong star next week may bring it all crashing down as these 4 picks are guys I didnā€™t see going to the finals, though I did have Cedric and Andrade in the Semi-finals.

I can see Rowan costing Buddy next week

1 Like

As can I or Bryan, I just worry because Ali has largely been off TV. I picked him as a big Babyface to make a run but right now Murphy is almost a face as well.

Hey @Rated_R_Poster where you at?

1 Like

Itā€™s okā€¦my main man Baron Corbin is gonna bring me the victory in the end.

3-1 so far not badā€¦was trending to a perfect night but Shane screwed me.

I thought KO would make it to the finals to be screwed by Shane and Drew. WWE you got the jump on me.

1 Like

So I do a crap job on the g1 and start off 4 and 0 here? You gotta be kidding me.

1 Like

Same, @CorSec99 I feel the same

Really? G1 is just harder to predict is all. WWE we just have to think like Vince.

Yawns = bad
Toilet Humor = good
Weight lifting = good
Long hair = good
Beards = good

It all reads like Ikea instructions really. For me I always make a tiny mistake putting together Ikea furniture and it costs me big time down the road. Feels about the same when I predicted KO going over Elias.

Single elimination is easier to pick to some extent in the G1 people can get wins and losses at unexpected times and still perform well. On the flip side if you pick the winner wrong then your bracket can end early.

For instance only 4-0 person has a finalist out of round 1 so far. If Ali loses that will hurt every 4-0 a ton because we all have him in the final.

Welp!!! Goodnight