Unofficial King of the Ring 2019 Predictions Contest

Yup that was the match I was worried about. I mean nice win for Ricochet but McIntyre is falling into Samoa Joe status where he is an intimidating monster heel who never wins.

Aw man 0-4 on the Raw side after Ricochet and Corbins wins. Hopefully Samoa Joe still wins the Raw side. I don’t think I could stand a new spotlight being put on King Corbin :face_vomiting:

Really upset I missed this, especially since I’m on 6-0 so far. Oh, well. I picked Ricochet to win in the finals over Andrade.

I had Drew McIntyre defeating Chad gable in the finals, so don’t I feel like a schmuck.

Wrestling Twitter, last week: “McIntyre is going to win, that’s stupid”

Wrestling Twitter, today: “They’re burying McIntyre, that’s stupid.”

And for good measure, also wrestling Twitter, constantly: “WWE is so predictable.”

3 Likes

Hey I wanted him to win. I thought he needed the push he has really been buried for quite some time now.

For better or worse, what these contests and prediction threads prove is that WWE isn’t entirely predictable. I think the best anyone is doing is around 60%. Most are right under 50% of the time.

2 Likes

My general feeling is that we use terms like “predictable” or “surprise” too liberally. The Royal Rumble is the easiest example to explain what I mean. When we say we want a surprise or “nothing too predictable” we don’t mean we want Bo Dallas to win. We mean we want several guys to be logical options without the eventual winner being telegraphed.

(Stone Cold’s 1998 win is probably the most egregious example of “too predictable” since the Hogan era, but Austin was so hot that nobody gave a damn.)

1 Like

Roman winning in Philly was the most Predictable thing given how the Fans would react.

A lot of it is predictability in context of anticipated fan reaction. That is, Everyone know they were pushing Roman and the fans would revolt against him. Had Bryan been built to win that year, it would have been just as predictable but cheered and therefore not criticized.

1 Like

True. Good point.

Went 7-1 in round 1, but lost the one match that mattered most.

Congrats to Conorolo and CorSec99 for the 8-0 starts.

3 Likes

Thanks, no idea how i’ve managed this. I feel a Moxley-esque G1 fall from grace coming on here, I’ve got Ricochet and Corbin both going out in the next round which goes against the consensus i’m reading online, we shall see!

WWE said F your brackets

lol yup, pretty much.

Only WWE can fuck up a simple tournament. Who in the fuck thought it was a good idea, to get a triple threat match, out of a 1 on 1 tournament, in the semi finals?

May I present to you, he who thought it was a good idea.

2 Likes

So what does everyone think I should do about predictions for Joe or Ricochet to win their Round 2 match? Give them 2 points? No points?

I’m inclined to go with giving them 2 points since it was a double pin and not a count out. And nobody could have predicted such a b.s. finish.

If we are going by Advancing in the brackets awarding points they should get points. So if they did the norm for a draw and both were eliminated 0 points, but since both advanced I say give the points.

1 Like

No Points! If a tie occurs it’s a loss.

I’ll chime in since I don’t have a bracket to bias my decision:

I assume that if somebody had picked a “draw” in their bracket (before the tournament started), it would have been accepted as a legitimate selection. As such, picking one of those two to win was an incorrect pick.

So those who picked Joe or Ricochet in the next round and beyond should still be eligible for those points if they earn them, but should get nothing for the quarters in my opinion.