Why would anyone want the 24/7 title?

Yes

That’s how this works.

Getting beaten up in an ambulance that was being driven by Austin was not serious if you actually think about it.

1 Like

Why do you hate fun? Some of these guys are/will have an absolute blast with this title.

1 Like

These people signed to be wrestlers, not run around backstage in “wacky” segments.

You really think EC3 and Roode are satisfied doing all this stuff?

Not everyone can be top stars. Not everyone can even be midcarders. That is one of the problems I see AEW having when they say wins/losses mean something. What that means, is there are going to be people who are the bottom feeders, the losers and they need to accept that. Just like in WWE, some of these guys arent good enough for anything other than “wacky” segments.

1 Like

It depends on how they work it out, if you have something akin to seasons a guy can be a loser one season, show improvement the next, and become a winner. But every show needs jobbers at some level which is a problem wwe has is they lack undercard wrestlers that regularly wrestle so guys come up and immediately face mid card and upper card guys, and it hurts them.

1 Like

Honestly, from a Kayfabe-wise point of view the only reason for wanting the WWE 24/7 Championship would be more TV time, and if you become the champion it should come with a pay rise. (Like the old adage of the champion being a better payed member of the roster).

However WWE doesn’t even think about this kind of logic for things.

1 Like

Not sure if EC3 or Roode are happy, but yes, I’m sure there’s wrestlers that prefer to be part of a wacky jobber division than being designated to house shows and the occasional Superstars.

At less they getting a better paycheck that they had when they were in TNA. Plus let’S face it, both guys were hired by WWE because they were former TNA guys and were big stars in that promotion. Since then, they horribly booked both of them especially EC3 who wasn’T able to catch a break since joining NXT last year. At Less Roode got a title reigns out of his NXT run but again, they knew that his heel personna wasn’T working and they did nothing to change it, so when he got called up, he was doom from the start because if a Heel gets cheered more then the babyface, he a babyface and that what happened with Roode.

It’s a horrible idea, belts don’t mean a thing in WWE and a PG version of the Hardcore title isn’t necessary.

Not only is it literally one of the ugliest belts i’ve ever seen but…why is it so damn small? It looks like a children’s replica.

In-Universe, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Are there any perks that come with this title besides the physical belt? If not, all you’re doing is making yourself a target for sneak-attacks & ambushes. Who wants to live like that if they don’t have to?

All that being said, Truth is the PERFECT person to hold the title. He’s one of only about 3-4 people in the company that I think could pull of this level of silliness while still making you care about (& root for) the title-holder. If this thing gets any traction, it’ll be mainly on the strength of Ron Killings’ performance. :100:

#RunTruthRun #DanceBreak #SDLive #wwe pic.twitter.com/eyA7UH3dXS

— WWE R-Truth (@RonKillings) May 25, 2019

:rofl:

1 Like

So they showed zero highlights of what any of the wrestlers trying to “win” the 24/7 title are doing. What’s the point?

And they just chased Truth around a couple times last night.

I guess they only have three hours, hard to make time for it.

So it’s been a year and a half. Can we officially call this a failure and just be done with it? Every week it’s just brutal stuff.

When something annoys the crap out of me, and I find myself constantly harping on the negative side of it, I just ignore it.

Shit… just broke my own rule.

Isn’t that the second time this month you’ve broken your own rule (see: Matt Riddle/Keith Lee thread)

Feel free to make your own threads about everything you love about WWE.

And I’m not harping on anything, we discuss wrestling on this message board. Some of it is bad, some of it is good. So what

The biggest issue is it just seems like they don’t have any plan for it any more. Not sure how much of that is Covid making it tough to shoot skits on location and how much is just lack of vision, but the concept just seems tired at this point.

Check bump? Shark hunting?

I loved the hardcore title skits at mania X8 and … That’s about it

Do I like the 24/7 title? No. Am I entertained by it? No.

With that said, there is a reason this title is on Raw, Raw is a 3 hour show and the show struggles with filling those 3 hours. The 24/7 title allows them to fill the show with additional segments outside of the typical match/promo. Its the same idea as Raw Underground.

They just need to go back to 2 hours, its an easy fix. There is a reason why SD is soooo much easier to watch than Raw.

Unless you’re R-Truth, Being added to the 24/7 division means they really have nothing for you creatively speaking. You’re just a body to eat up time on the show.