will you be watching AEW Full Gear?

Yeah, there’s so many variables, where is his headspace relative to WWE and vice versa. Do they even want him back or does even want to go back? I can’t see him wrestling really anywhere else because nobody else could afford him.

It’s a big money deal and I would think if AEW does super well while he’s out, there won’t be much momentum to bring him back. However if ratings sag and buy rates drop I can see them making amends

1 Like

I’ve been pretty vocal in not being a huge fan of Mox and not really being into his matches as I find him awkward and clunky in the ring. I didn’t care for his first title run, and I hated that they put the title on him again. For me, its refreshing to see someone else have the belt.

With that said, unlike a lot of wrestling fans when they are in the minority with their thinking, I realize that my opinion of Mox is not shared by many. I don’t criticize Khan for giving him the title as there is no doubt he is over and many people like him on top. But personally, “finally” is exactly how I feel when it comes to getting that title off of him.

It probably won’t happen, but if it was impossible I don’t see why Dave would even be talking about it. I tried finding a clip, but this is all I could find where he barely touches on it.

It appears that Dave has at least spoken to punk because he did confirm that he was annoyed. That cabana was on AEW. So I assume punk is at least hinted to him that he’s interested in leaving.

I think the stone cold thing is just him using his brain saying the biggest money match is CM Punk Vs SCSA.

He was saying if they close night one with this, and then night 2 have the rock versus Roman reigns, then they’re looking at one of the biggest Wrestlemania of all time

But but but what about making new stars?! Or elevating current roster talent? :roll_eyes:

I expect them to bring out all the stops for the LA Mania during negotiation Szn

I see what you are saying, but sometimes in wrestling its not about elevating new stars, its about putting on the biggest match possible. Look at All Out for example, who was elevated by having Punk vs Mox? Nobody. Was it a bad call (despite my feelings about Mox) No. Match was huge, fans were in to it.

I dont care if you are Khan, Hunter, or Vince, if you get the chance to do Roman vs Rock and/or Austin vs Punk, you are an idiot to not do the match.

2 Likes

100% agree in that he is saying this in theory rather then a prediction. But, he clearly speaks to Punk and Khan, and if it was 100% not going to happen to do contract logistics, I dont think he even brings it up.

Now does this mean I think its happening? No. I think Punk returns, but I think that he returns years down the road. If Austin comes back, I think he’s facing Cena.

Austin Vs Cena and Rock Vs Roman is nothing to sneeze at either lol

2 Likes

And while I know I wanted to see Punk vs. Austin ten years ago, Cena vs. Austin is absolutely a wayyyyy bigger match in terms of star power.

Punk was the top guy to a specific audience. Cena was the top company guy to the majority of the audience. That’s a way bigger match at this point in time.

3 Likes

Anyway, topic at hand.

I enjoyed Full Gear, and it was exactly the type of show the company needed.

3 Likes

Full Gear was a great show, definitely worth the money.

On Punk, he’s hurt and still under contract so there is zero chance he’s at mania this year. Khan has done the same thing with contract disputes with his sports teams - let the talent sit until a logical solution can be reached.

I am hoping Punk comes to his senses and decides to be the ultra heel he could eventually be. But he is a petty weirdo so who knows

2 Likes

Completely agree. I want Cena/Austin - that is the biggest special attraction match they could make and it could easily main event a night of Mania.

Ya you’re right. I think Punk vs Austin would be a bigger match for the hardcores, just think of the heat Punk could get right now after that AEW ending. BUT, in the mainstream you are talking the biggest star of the attitude era vs the biggest star of 2005-Present.

Big difference between CM Punk and Mox main eventing. (Mox is in his prime, Punk was back on a full time run).

I was also using sarcasm. Need a sarcasm font. Agree with what you say.

Yeah, I mean all the big attitude era versus other generation matches involved the Rock.

Twice in a lifetime, WM 18. We never really got Austin doing those cross generational matches. I think the opportunity to see him wrestle Hogan’s obviously gone, but to see him wrestle Cena would be massive. Brock or Roman as well, but Roman leads more into the Rock naturally.

2 Likes

I’ve probably been wondering this for over a year at this point, but Roman goes over the Rock, correct? And not just because of the belts, but because he should.

And Austin/Cena would basically be a “exhibition“ so it doesn’t matter. But I assume that would be slide out of an AA and a Stunner for the win.

I think Roman has to beat the Rock. It makes no sense otherwise unless they’re going to do two matches in which case the Rock wins the first and Roman
the second kind of like twice in a lifetime.

Also, it makes us different is that Roman may actually be cheered. Depending on how he cut his promos, he could go in with the fans on his side, given how popular bloodline is.

I’m not sure people necessarily want to see the Rock break this historic run and go back to Hollywood.

One thing that is probably a lock. Rock is doing something at Mania. The cross promotion and hype around Young Rock on the NBCU platform for a show that does shit ratings has to be because of Rock appearing at Mania on Peacock, right?

There’s also the rumour that they put it again smack down, so they get low readings on purpose so they can cancel it

That would suck, it’s actually a really really good show. Wouldn’t surprise me though.