Wresting in Hip-Hop Music

Yeah I was mostly joking with those two. I remember they didn’t want the west Texas Rednecks to get over, and they kinda did.

GZA - Shadowboxin’
“I slayed MC’s back in the rec room era
My style broke motherfucking backs like Ken Patera”

Method Man - Blackout
“I’m hot-scorching, but stone cold like Steve Austin
If you smell what Tical cooking, ain’t tryin’ to see central booking”

RZA - It’s Yourz (Wu-Tang Clan)
“And channel through so-lar panels, blast off like Roman candles
Rap vandals, stomp your ass like Wahoo McDaniel”

Czarface albums as very wrestling influenced, as well as early Jedi Mind Tricks with their samples and lyrics

1 Like

These are excellent suggestions!!
Cheers mate

I remember watching the Texas rednecks on WCW. I don’t want to remember that… Thanks for reminding me of this awful song ha ha. Yeah it did get over, :man_facepalming:

Undertaker’s theme is the beat.

Stone Cold reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jy4jv5PSa4

1 Like

There’s a song called Homicide by Logic (feat. Eminem) - the reference to Ric Flair is about the only lyric in the song that I understand.

1 Like

Great suggestions cheers!

1 Like

ha ha, Yeah that was hard to make out but Its been added!! Cheers pal, send me any more you find

Their are many more Wrestling references Aus Hip-Hop, but these were the first two I could find.

Love a bit of Hilltop Hoods!
Thanks mate

1 Like

I’ve been lucky enough to see them live twice. Personally I prefer their older releases, pre Obese Records. Also got to see them preform “Twilight” live which they haven’t done much since the “State Of The Art” album was released.

2 Likes

Is this yours??
Cheers for the suggestion - listened to it this morning! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Found a great addition here:

Yessir. thanks for checking it out!

1 Like

That was a great song. The West Texas Rednecks were one of the highlights from that time in WCW.

You’re joking right??? :thinking:

I got a kick out of the whole thing. Even if Curts singing was not perfect. I know now that he actually loved country music in real life. Him having a bad voice kind of adds to the comedy.

I enjoyed that song at the time even though I was not a country music fan at that time. There is actually good classic country music that I enjoy like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson. New country mostly sucks. It sounds like pop with a fake accent.

I used to kind of enjoy mainstream hip hop at around that time. Artists like Outcast, Dr Dre, Eminen, and Tupac. Then when I got older I thought that most lyrics were immature and vulgar. But at least the rappers sounded cool and the beats were good. Now mainstream rap just sucks. No one sounds as good and as cool as Tupac did. Everyone now has a whinny, mumbling, and annoying voice with bad beats. I know that there are exceptions. I am just talking about mainstream stuff.

To get back on topic. I do remember liking that Walle song with the Razor Ramon music.

After the passing of former Roots bassist Hub i listened ‘Things Fall Apart’ (genuinely one of the greatest albums ever made) again today. On ‘Ain’t Sayin Nothin New’ Dice Raw raps:

Dig what I’m sayin yo? D-I-C-E
Shove a mic in your mouth, like Ted Di-Bi-a-se

RTJ drops a Jake Roberts reference here

I Jake the Snake 'em/DDT 'em in mausoleums.

1 Like