WRESTLEMANIA 37 NIGHT 1 AND 2 OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

The women’s tag match was actually good. You mustve been watching last night’s match by mistake

I actually loved that RVD/Riddle/Khali segment too and Big E’s intro was fire

1 Like

Problem was a cold match. If they had spent weeks with Nattie and Tamina being known faces and built up Tamina’s chance at a title, etc, it would have been a little easier to get into…and the match itself would have been fine. But there was just no entry point for caring. The work itself was fine but that can’t exist alone on a stadium show.

The crowd was silent and you could hear everyone calling spots. Just no reason to care and way too long.

Looks like Big E And Apollo Crews have a desire to wake up tomorrow, sore and aching

Normally I’d care a little more about this fault, but they overly mic’d the ring this year to fill the stadium with noise (probably in case the crowd wasn’t loud enough), so I’ll take that exchange. It’s made for some good moments of contact that have helped.

The work was no different than what we get on a weekly basis. They had enough time to do something special but nothing landed.

Dabba freakin Kato.

1 Like

To be fair, that strike Kato landed looked effective.

“That’s Raw Underground Legend Dabba-Kato With Shades Of Umaga With That Attack, Corey!”

Stealing Umagas gimmick

The lesson of this weekend is The New Day really needs to avoid 7-footers who skip NXT.

1 Like

Am I missing something? I thought Umaga was a Samoan Savage, not a Nigerian Guard.

The lone highlight of rvd’s career was tag team champion with kane. Confirmed

It’s interesting that Singapore canes and gongs are such a big part of Nigerian culture

1 Like

Protecting E with that finish is hopefully a good sign for the future and rise up the card.

Must admit, I missed the elaborate entrances.

Must give the wrestlers a buzz

Asuka the only WWE wrestler I’ve seen pull out quality Kawada kicks

Felt like the horrendous build really hurt Asuka/Ripley. Crowd was dead and just never really got going. Match was ok, nothing special

I’ve largely found tonight good, but looking at John’s times so far, I can’t imagine anyone thinking in advance that having the women’s tag as the longest match of the night so far was a plan for success. Couple of these matches really could have used length as a means to make them more special. This was one of them.

3 Likes