Wrestling PPV Prices

I ordered eight shows on FITE to watch over WM Weekend, the most expensive may have been Spring Break at $20. A bunch of others were at $11.99-14.99. I also only ended up paying for six of the eight shows thanks to FITE credits I accrued through these purchases.

To answer an earlier question, yes, there are bundles available, at least for the Collective and WrestleCon shows.

you do realize that they all run a business, and in business, the idea is to make money, what a concept

You do realize that you can’t make money, if people don’t order your shows? People were already watching through nefarious means, when it was $15 and that was a fair price to charge. How many more are going to watch now that they want to rip people off?

1 Like

$50 is the breaking point for me. I really have to be into a show to pay that much.

Personally, the price is a wee too high.

I don’t have a TV service so I only keep up through RAD. I would have liked to purchase Revolution, but $50 was too much. Having no friends that have any interest in AEW doesn’t help either. I only bought All In and All Out given their “big time” vibe.

Given the price, I have to treat these PPV the same way I treat a PPV for combat sports; that is, I must feel a desire to not be felt out and demand that the presentation is top-notch stuff that Nefarious Means Network wouldn’t do it justice.

Lastly, didn’t John, Wai, and Damian watch the PPV together? If they’re saving money by watching as a group, think of the casual fan that would to spend $50 to watch the PPV.

You realize they aren’t American right? It’s only 20 bucks here

I’m stunned it’s more expensive in the US vs Canada. Why

Fite doesn’t even offer aew ppvs in America. Only way to get them is through traditional ppv or thru brlive. Both were 50$ a pop

Would it be cheaper to VPN in to FITE as Canada and buy it for 20? It seems weird that you pay so much more than rest of work including Canada

If a company pushes people to get a VPN to purchase something already available in their country to save money, they’re doing something wrong.

Correct me if I’m wrong but on the Post Show for Revolution, when the topic of PPV price came up, wasn’t the question asked if $50 USD was too much? That’s why I’m using that price as the reference point.

The price difference is massive - 20 bucks vs 50?

I’m stunned they haven’t been grilled on this more

Since when do Americans care what happens outside of their country. Usually things are way cheaper there. I doubt anyone loses a thought about that.

I think the last AEW on Fite was 27.99 plus tax? Ordered it via Fite App on amazon (not sure if platform makes a difference)

Either way my point is if you’re providing a product that’s people want to pay for, you’re not over charging :slight_smile:

The line of overcharging is the point at which you would make more at some lower price. If they are doing 100k buys at $50. They would need 200k at $25 just to break even profit wise. So it is a matter of a company feels like lowering the price will result in a significant enough increase in buys.

It’s not 100k at 50 bucks

They don’t sell 100k in the US. That includes Canada and overseas. I imagine with them all laying 20 bucks per show it’s not as dramatic as you think

I think the average American fan just isn’t savvy enough to VPN to Canada and get it cheaper or they would. Canadians have been doing this for years into the US to access banned content like Netflix and WWE Network

We often don’t have to so most people don’t. I know it isn’t 100k at $50. That just made the math easy. The point remains that lower cost needs to translate into an equivalent dollar amount in buys. If they don’t get more buys to negate the lost revenue it isn’t really over priced.

1 Like

BINGO. Business math 101. This shouldn’t be hard to understand.

If I’m not pirating

OK, let me try again: I usually just buy DVDs and Blu Rays instead of PPVs. They may be as much as their live counterparts, but at least I can watch them as often as I can,

But if you want me to answer the question, maybe $19.95 for regular PPVs, and $40 for largest grossing PPVs.

Why so nominal? I am unemployed and have been for a long time, and I don’t think PPVs should cost that much. I like the WWE Network model of exclusive PPVs: you save a lot.