WWE 4Q2019 & FY2019 Earnings Call (2/6/2020) - Discussion Thread

Nobody is saying they are above reasonable criticism.
However, given all the things in the recent posts above mine - I think AEW has proven itself to be unique and special, in its accomplishments alone, to be celebrated to a degree.

1 Like

Yeah because TNA and ROH regularly beat a WWE product in head to head competition.

If you don’t like AEW fine but you can’t deny the effect it has already had in such a short period of time

1 Like

Just having competition is “revolutionary”.

There was nothing wrong with pro wrestling to be changed - just the way WWE does it’s creative. AEW doesn’t need to revolutionize the business, just have it make sense. Some of their storytelling already this early has been a lot better than WWE.

Except for that innovative Rollins storyline where the guy says he wants to save WWE and wears one black glove. That’s some good shit

1 Like

I mean to be fair to those companies in their heyday they probably could have beaten NXT just due to some legacy stars (TNA at least). Not quite a fair comparison from that standpoint and d AEW were up against RAW or Smackdown no one would be talking about how it was beating WWE. It isn’t that beating NXT doesn’t matter but it isn’t fair to say that other companies didn’t do it when they weren’t given the opportunity.

The argument for AEW being different is ticket sales and being on a major network.

1 Like

No. Being competition isn’t revolutionary.

And I wasn’t claiming anything in WWE to be innovative. You were claiming AEW are somehow doing something different with MJF when compared to Rollins who was apparently not doing anything heelish… but as usual you guys are just making shit up.

Criticise anything about AEW = “Oh you think everything WWE does is perfect don’t you!!!?”

You AEW fans are off your head. It’s like talking to someone involved in a cult.

You do realize TNA on Monday trounced AEW ratings wise right ? Even though they were up agaisnt Raw.

It’s only special because it’s suceeded and at scale quicker than anything else we’ve seen in a long time. In ring it’s not even New Japan

Different time 10 years ago. Not as many people watching TV in that type of way

1 Like

I don’t know if they could have. ROH and TNA have always had that small time feel and lack a lot of the production elements that TNT/AEW have.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what revolutionary means - it basically means change.

AEW has obviously instituted change - just look at WWE mid and lower card salaries. Look at rushing NXT to USA and getting beat weekly - etc

If you thought AEW was going to change much more in four months I’m not sure what to tell you

1 Like

There is nothing you can say to a troll. Their job is to go online and be combative and get people to react. The best thing to do is just not respond to them.

1 Like

Any type of change doesn’t count as something being “revolutionary”. An NXT title match on WrestleMania. Wow, that’s revolutionary. NXT vs. Main Roster at Survivor Series. OMG it’s a revolution. An ugly ass blue Universal title? Incredible revolution. Etc. So no, it seems you have a very basic understanding of the word. “Any type of change is revolution and that’s what we always meant we said AEW will revolutionise wrestling”. Get out.

I also responded to this when responding to a saner poster when I said I was speaking about people pretending as if the AEW product was somehow revolutionary. And you responded to that by saying they’re beating a WWE show which is what sets it apart from other promotions. Then other posters gave you more info and you realised other promotions weren’t going up against NXT. Now you’re repeating what someone else said previously, something I already responded to, but you’re repeating it in a dumber way.

Someone doesn’t think AEW is perfect and is gonna save all of wrestling by keeping win/loss records that AEW aren’t even going to pay attention to? They must be a troll.

Insane logic as usual from AEW tribalists.

I don’t really give 2 shits about your AEW opinion or any other opinion you have, which is why I rarely interact with your crap. You’re combative on everything, like the other idiot Deezy and it seems like the only joy you have, is coming online and talking about “AEW fans”.

3 Likes

You seem extremely wound up. Strange way not to care. I think it’s because you do.

I apologise for not helping create an echo chamber.

1 Like

I think the issue is that you don’t have an actual point here. You just argue.

You say AEW isn’t revolutionary. Yet you seem to admit it’s better than main roster. Isn’t that enough?

I also critique parts of AEW that I don’t like (probably because I am old) but I give them credit where it’s due. Their main event booking has been superb.

Just try not to argue for the sake of arguing

2 Likes

Don’t worry Cornette fan, I’ve been on plenty of message boards in the past to know, that anyone who speaks out against a troll, is “wound up”, I know that your type likes to think that, but that actually isn’t the case.

Now, as to not be a hypocrite and keep going back and forth with you, I think I’ll go watch one of Kenny’s 6 star classics.

1 Like

Can I ask you for examples of what would be revolutionary in today’s wrestling?

2 Likes

I like how you think calling some “cornette fan” or “mentally ill” is a deep cut. It really is childish. Thankfully I’m not insecure enough to be affected by words on a screen. And those Okada matches really are great, the man carried Omega.

I mean, what really would be “revolutionary” in terms of an on screen product? Actual real fighting? We have MMA already. Good angles and storylines? It might be rare, but hardly revolutionary.
I just don’t see how you can make revolutionary, massive, sweeping changes to what happens in ring.
Business wise, well, we’ve already discussed the changes that have happened in the business since october ( 4 months ago)

2 Likes