WWE announces cutbacks and other cost reductions due to COVID-19

Zack Ryder, how on god’s green earth has he been constantly employed for so long.

I’m sorry but you could of easily switched one of those released names with Ryder instead.

2 Likes

He has Vinces nudes.

1 Like

WWE could easily continue paying these people but it’s all about profit and satisfying shareholders.

This company is gross and it’s almost impossible for me to care about anything they do anymore

2 Likes

Yeah Ryder is a loser. WWE fan boy basically with zero balls. They should cut him

Maverick’s still in the tournament.

Words fail me

He’s also in a WWE shirt. Maybe he’ll win.

Sucks for Drake Maverick but the only memorable thing he ever did in WWE was piss his pants. Total waste of time and talent

Erick Rowan and The Colons

It’s a bit hard to parse what is usual WWE hate and reasonable WWE hate for these actions. I’m probably not the best person to judge these things. It’s a bit numbing to watch this happen in so many areas at this point that I don’t even know what’s reasonable or not. There’s a lot of people I blame for what’s going on right now, but without getting into politics or specifics, it’s hard to know what companies are doing what they have to and which ones aren’t.

But I think there’s a reality from this that’s slapping a lot of people in the face. People have been calling for WWE to shut down immediately and things like that…and…I’m fine with whatever side anyone falls on that front. But if they don’t like what’s happening today, consider what would have to happen if WWE wasn’t making any money at all. There’s such a 3D puzzle to how any of this can work both economically and health wise and employee wise that it’s hard to have any incredibly strong perspective on this. I’m just hoping the people who are supposed to help us get through this mess start figuring it out so less days like today happen.

We really trying to get more people fired on a day like today?

Yeah, why not? What makes him so immune?

1 Like

Hate to say it but I don’t think we’re even nearly done yet.

I think there may be a suprise or 2 yet

NXT cuts are coming I bet. WWE has been hoarding talent for years

Yeah, like I said in the other topic on this, NXT is surely going to get hit by a fair few. They’ve horded a lot of talent there.

That Drake Maverick video on his Twitter is not pleasant to watch at all, Hope all these people land on their feet big time.

1 Like

:pray: :pray: :pray:

I got heat yesterday for having that view while everyone wanted to take WWE to town for running shows and doing them live, etc. It’s such a dicey slope to start debating.

Their upcoming earnings call with be indicative if they are adjusting forecasts or if these reductions are to maintain their initial forecasts.

The fear setting in for so many companies with revenue tied to content rights is palpable. You gotta also consider that Networks and their parent companies are losing tens of millions of dollars every day. It’s almost like one slip up and their Network partners would look to renegotiate out of their own necessity.

I hope at the very least running shows while reckless may have reduced the carnage taking place today. It was just yesterday I was commenting on how WWE had not had to go through layoffs (which are largely precautionary, despite what many will point to which is they could easily keep these people employed).

It is interesting they aren’t using SBA or the new Fed loan program to apply to paycheck protection. It is the reason I think this is more precautionary as it relates to the future of their main revenue streams. Otherwise they’d surely qualify.

1 Like

Maria Kannelis I’m guessing they negotiated that one, isn’t she on maternity leave?

He’s so talented. Will be a hit wherever he lands.

Yeah, a guy I know books one of the local promotions here and said how good of a man he is as well as how talented he is too. If he ends up back over here (the UK) he’ll be absolutely fine. Hope they’re all fine.

Maybe WWE shouldn’t have signed every talent under the sun - not to use them but to avoid them working elsewhere - and today wouldn’t have been so bad.

3 Likes

Ryder now too is released. Sad

1 Like