WWE changes name of the Fabulous Moolah battle royal

I think for everything she has done for the wrestling world and the evolution of women’s in ring skills, they should rename it the Kelly Kelly Battle Royal.

1 Like

Equating someones opinion to serious allegations that are actual crimes is short sighted.

Just read that on another websites and it’s had a video response from Joyce Grable defending Moolah about the allegations going around that she was pimping Girls. I’m not saying that this change anything but it’s nice to see that’s somebody had a different experience and his talking about the other side of this story.

Here the link of the video for those interested:https://youtu.be/dmtMEFZF9Ow

This I agree with.

There are different sides to every story, true, but why go for such a character to memorolize? I loved the idea suggested elsewhere of Sarah Amato or Trish Stratus as names of people who are still alive and actual influences on the female roster not Stephanie’s babysitters growing up.

Yeah but if you ask a lot of the current roster and even some of the past women’s like a Trish or a Sarah in a Non WWE environment, they will say that Moolah was an inspiration for them to become wrestlers.

Moolah has a place in women’s wrestling history in my opinion one way or the other but when i look at this story as it unfold, they’re more to this that meet the eye, especially considering who these others girls are that let’s face for most of them, aren’t the most reliable persons in wrestling history as far as telling the truth. So, anyway what’s done is done and let’s move on from this, i just wanted to share this video because i found it interesting to see the other side of the story.

Just shows that’s there’s two sides to every story, assumptions do nothing but bog down evidence and facts…and this was all a result of fake outrage.

Vindicated.

1 Like

Except you’re the one doing the assuming.

Double vindicated.

You did a great job of missing the point of my post. Try again.

When a guy like Jim Cornette says it wasn’t that widely known unlike people here are suggesting…it’s not an assumption…it’s a theory with more validity than people acting like so and so knew this and that because…someone who doesn’t know anyone in the situation said so.

Again…how does unpopular opinion equate with alleged sex trafficking?

It doesn’t. Stupid comparisons to make in the first place.

Good news … the WWE has decided to change the name to The Spider Lady Memorial Battle Royal ™

1 Like

Heard the comments that Jim cornette said about this and I agree with most of it. Unlike the narrative That’s been thrown around right now, this wasn’t a well known fact at the time and you need to put yourself in the context of the time as well. While it’s easy to judge this in 2018, you have to realize that the mentality was completely different in the 60’s especially when you we’re a women.

Anyway, for those that didn’t listen to the podcast, the clip of him talking about this is on YouTube and it’s an interesting listen mostly because he give you the history not just of moolah but of women’s wrestling at the time and what the relationship was between the mcmahon’s and moolah. It clarify why they made the call to name the battle royal after her in the first place.

Also it’s kinda weird that all of a sudden, a lot of moolah’s girls are defending her now that this controversy came back to the surface. Who’s right, Who’s wrong, will we never truly know but I’m leaning more toward what theses woman have to say.

1 Like