WWE Lineal Titles

I am genuinely afraid to ask who holds the Lineal NWA Title, if only because that’s what I’ve been watching lately. I’m assuming it isn’t Nick Aldis. I would think, given Flair walking to WWF as champion in 1991, it would be part of the super-mega-whatever, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Probably impossible to track with a title that old, but if it didn’t get caught outside of the U.S., then I’d guess it went through Hogan or Flair and ended up as a part of the mega-strap at some point. But if it made the rounds in Japan or Mexico for any extended period of time, then who knows?

It would be totally impossible, since the belt splintered several times. Plus then you need to decide about the non-changes that happened for sure during at least, Flair’s reigns. But certainly ahead of him.

There are arguments probably for several different lineal NWA champions, depending on what you count as a switch.

OK… just for argument’s sake, let’s use the Orville Brown (1948) title reign as a starting point and completely trust the results on Cage Match. If we do that (and also trust that I didn’t make any errors), then the lineal NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship joined the lineal WWE Championship on Aug. 27, 1995 when Diesel defeated Mabel at Summerslam 1995. So it would (unofficially) be considered a part of the mega-strap currently held by Elias.

Fun fact, I was so very, very close to just getting to stop tracking in the 1960s, but Buddy Rogers lost the Lineal NWA Title in his final pinfall loss before becoming the inaugural WWWF Champion. Thus, it took me another 33 years of bouncing around Cage Match before I found the true (maybe…) unification.

That was fun.

3 Likes

John Cena next lineal champion then.

Haven’t done a refresh in a while, checked in to see if the Becky Lynch forfeit (and presumed year between “defenses”) would mean anything. It didn’t, but here you go. Not a ton of changes thus far in 2020 with shows being canceled and scaled back worldwide.

WWE/Universal/NXT/Intercontinental/United States/European Lineal Title: Elias (defeated Kevin Owens on Aug. 20, 2019)

WWE Women’s Raw/Smackdown/NXT Lineal Title: Bayley (defeated Lacey Evans on Jan. 26, 2020)

WWE Cruiserweight Lineal Title: Roderick Strong (defeated Pete Dunne on Sept. 28, 2019) – Roddy has lost a number of singles matches since then, but never to someone weighing 205 or less per CageMatch

NXT North American Lineal Title: Adam Cole (defeated Johnny Gargano on June 1, 2019)

NXT Tag Team Lineal Title: Viking Raiders (defeated the Street Profits on April 27, 2020)

WWE UK Lineal Title: JDL (defeated John Rodin on March 7, 2020) – JDL doesn’t have a CageMatch page, so the one-year clock is ticking for him to get one

WWE UK Women’s Lineal Title: Charlotte Flair (defeated Rhea Ripley on April 5, 2020)

WWE UK Tag Team Linear Title: Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne (defeated Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly on Feb. 16, 2020)

1 Like

thank you for this, i need to know weather our boy elias was still king of linear titles

Wonder if this week’s NXT effects this?

Nope. Dunne didn’t compete so the lineal titles weren’t on the line. Though it does put the one-year rule in play since the odds are increased that Dunne/Riddle could go a year without defending them.

If the lineage of the WWE tag straps wasn’t screwy to the point where doing the lineal title would be near impossible (for me), I’d imagine there were similar situations at some point with New Day and Demolition.

1 Like

Huge lineal universe match coming up on the Friday, May 22 edition of Smackdown as Raw/SD/NXT lineal champ Bayley takes on NXT UK lineal champ Charlotte. Should the match end with a pinfall or submission, we’ll not only have a new lineal champ, but a title unification!

1 Like

With his forfeit loss, the Houdini of the WWE Lineal Universe does it again as Elias escapes a tournament nobody thought he would win with the Lineal Mega-Strap still intact.

1 Like

Elias has finally fallen.

Our new mega strap champion is KEITH LEE
Think its time for a new rundown if the list if you ever get time. I used to have a spreadsheet I had it all on but its been deleted along the way

1 Like

Football analyst: “Tom Brady is 12-0 when competing against a team with a backup quarterback from a state ending in A, drafted in the 3rd round to a team located in a state where the majority of the population drives an imported vehicle.”

Wrestling fans: “Hold my Stevewiser”

I love this thread!

By popular demand (read: one guy), here’s an updated list following the end of Elias’ 433 day reign.

Other fun notes

• With Bayley’s win over Charlotte on May 12, 2020, the WWE UK Women’s Linear Title joined the main Women’s lineage.

• The NXT North American Linear Title is currently in limbo (and finally broken from the NXT Title real world lineage) with Karrion Kross’ win over Keith Lee and subsequent injury.

• Safe to say that the “one year to defend” clock is ticking on the UK Lineal Title, the NXT Tag Team Lineal Titles and the WWE UK Lineal Tag Team Titles.

Without further ado, here’s your Oct. 27, 2020 update:

WWE/Universal/NXT/Intercontinental/United States/European Lineal Title: Keith Lee (defeated Elias on Oct. 26, 2020)

WWE Women’s Raw/Smackdown/NXT/WWE UK Lineal Title: Sasha Banks (defeated Bayley on Oct. 25, 2020)

WWE Cruiserweight Lineal Title: Johnny Gargano (defeated Roderick Strong on July 29, 2020)

NXT North American Lineal Title: Karrion Kross (defeated Keith Lee on Aug. 22, 2020)

NXT Tag Team Lineal Title: Drew McIntyre & R-Truth (defeated Bobby Lashley & MVP on June 15, 2020)

WWE UK Lineal Title: JDL (defeated John Rodin on March 7, 2020) – JDL doesn’t have a CageMatch page, so the one-year clock is ticking for him to get one

WWE UK Tag Team Linear Title: Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne (defeated Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly on Feb. 16, 2020)

2 Likes

thank you kind sir, i will come back for more updates

Refreshing…

Fun Facts:

• The NXT North American Lineal Title is still in limbo with Karrion Kross’ win over Keith Lee and subsequent injury.
  • The “one year to defend” clock is ticking on the UK Lineal Title, the NXT Tag Team Lineal Titles and the WWE UK Lineal Tag Team Titles.
  • None of the AEW titles have broken from their "real world’ lineage yet, so they aren’t included below.

Without further ado, here’s your Dec. 10, 2020 update:

WWE/Universal/NXT/Intercontinental/United States/European Lineal Title: Keith Lee (defeated Elias on Oct. 26, 2020)

WWE Women’s Raw/Smackdown/NXT/WWE UK Lineal Title: Sasha Banks (defeated Bayley on Oct. 25, 2020)

WWE Cruiserweight Lineal Title: Leon Ruff (defeated Johnny Gargano on Nov. 18, 2020)

NXT North American Lineal Title: Karrion Kross (defeated Keith Lee on Aug. 22, 2020)

NXT Tag Team Lineal Title: Drew McIntyre & R-Truth (defeated Bobby Lashley & MVP on June 15, 2020)

Hey rocketKing
Our lineal hero and god of the lineal universe

can we get an update on this, ive kinda forgot about it for 4 months

thank you

IT happened… Samoa Joe took the the lineal NXT North American Title through the forbidden door!

WWE/Universal/NXT/Intercontinental/United States/European Lineal Title: Roman Reigns (defeated Big E on Nov. 21, 2021)

WWE Women’s Raw/Smackdown/NXT/WWE UK Lineal Title: Bianca Belair (defeated Becky Lynch on Jan. 31, 2022)

WWE Cruiserweight Lineal Title: Carmelo Hayes (defeated Nathan Frazer on June 10, 2022)

NXT North American Lineal Title: Adam Cole (defeated Samoa Joe on May 29, 2022)

NXT Tag Team Lineal Title: Pretty Deadly (defeated the Creed Brothers on Sept. 13, 2022)

(Titles were reverted to “real” champions MSK on 6/15/21 after Drew McIntyre and R-Truth did not defend their lineal title for one year)

WWE UK Lineal Title: Ilka Dragunov (defeated Walter on Aug. 22, 2021)

(A wrestler named JDL won the lineal title on 3/7/20. He doesn’t have a CageMatch page, so the lineal title went back to “real” champion Walter on 3/7/21)

WWE UK Tag Team Linear Title: Moutstache Mountain (defeated Pretty Deadly on Nov. 17, 2021)

(The Broserweights last defended on 3/11/20, so lineal title went to “real” champions Pretty Deadly on 3/11/21)

1 Like

Realized I never added the women’s tag titles to the list. Already a somewhat sordid history because WWE makes female tag teams by picking names out of a hat,

WWE Lineal Women’s Tag Team Titles: Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart (defeated Natalya and Tamina on 8/20/21; last defended on 10/17/21… tick tock)

Notes

• Bayley and Naomi won the lineal titles from the IIconics on 4/17/19 and never tagged again, thus vacating the titles to real world champions Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross on 4/17/20
  • Asuka & Shayna Baszler won the lineal titles from Bayley and Sasha on 8/13/20 and never tagged again (they were feuding with each other at the time). Titles vacated to real world champions Natalya and Tamina on 8/13/21

Shouldnt Solo Sikoa be the Cruiserweight champ?