WWE NXT 2.0 notes: Johnny Gargano addresses crowd, O'Reilly loses Steel Cage match

Originally published at WWE NXT 2.0 notes: Johnny Gargano addresses crowd, Kyle O'Reilly

The final segment of the 12/7 NXT 2.0 featured Johnny Gargano addressing the crowd. He spoke about beginning the most important job of his life which is raising he and Candice LeRae’s child. Before Gargano could continue speaking, Grayson Waller hit him in the back with a chair. After the show went off the air, Gargano shared the ring with and embraced Kyle O’Reilly and NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa.

Absolutely disgusting, @GraysonWWE. #WWENXT @JohnnyGargano pic.twitter.com/qYg6Pt666I

— WWE (@WWE) December 8, 2021

End of an Era pic.twitter.com/FEl13yffoZ

— Jacob Cohen (@MrJacobCohen) December 8, 2021

Kyle O’Reilly went one-on-one with Von Wagner inside a Steel Cage. Wagner got the pin fall victory over O’Reilly after low blowing him. Wagner used the cage door to further beat O’Reilly down after the match.

Three matches are scheduled for the 12/14 NXT 2.0 and those are listed as followed:

• Harland’s in-ring debut
  • Roderick Strong (w/ Diamond Mine) vs. Bron Breakker
  • No Holds Barred Match: Cameron Grimes vs. Duke Hudson

Following up on his return at NXT WarGames, Dexter Lumis was back in action on tonight’s program and took on North American Champion Carmelo Hayes in a non-title match. Lumis locked ‘The Silence’ submission maneuver onto Hayes and when Lumis took the champion to the mat, Trick Williams interfered and caused a disqualification.

1 Like

Heck of a tweet from Jacob Cohen. Glad he caught it.

Fans tweeting this could just be O’Reilly’s farewell from the company, while Gargano is going to the main roster. When I hear a guy say he’s betting on himself, like Gargano did, I don’t see that as him sticking around in the exact same company.

Never forget - it’s a marathon, not a sprint…

Fightful Select reporting that Johnny Gargano is indeed leaving. His contract will expire, he’s going to pursue free agency, and his departure was described as “incredibly amicable.”

2 Likes