WWE Raw hurt by sizable dropout in the third hour

I’m not angry. Maybe a bit frustrated that I’ve invested so much time on this during the years, that now seems wasted, but not angry. Besides - it brings me entertainment watching them suffer. As they made me suffer the last few years.

Tōka Kōkan (for all you anime fans out there).

1 Like

Come on, man. That’s sociopath-esque

1 Like

Exactly. And that will be driven by one or a combination of three things:

1. Fox and USA make it clear they are not happy with the ratings and either threaten to break the contract (depending on how the contracts are structured) or that when they come up for renewal the amount they are prepared to pay will be significantly less.
  2. Shareholders dump the stock pushing the share price down.
  3. They face real competition. Unlikely given AEW appear unwilling or unable to grow their audience.

Ironically, I recently watched a Monday Night War episode in which Vinnie Mac partially blamed WCW’s downfall on failing to create new stars and instead relying on older established stars and also blew his own trumpet about how WWE won the war by giving their roster the creative freedom to show what they could do.

What is that saying? “ Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes. Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it. Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them”.

1 Like

I’ve gotten stick for saying this before but hardcore AEW fans have issues. To be honest, anyone that makes a wrestling promotion a part of their identity has to have issues. Same happened when TNA started getting somewhat big, then ROH, then even NXT. ECW before all of that as well. The new “alternative” has people flocking to it who are desperate to be seen as a part of counter culture. And they get triggered way too easily. If a wrestling fan is more interested in chanting the name of the promotion rather than for a wrestler, you should run.

1 Like

Is this even news anymore?

People hate the third hour has been this way for years now.

Only solution is WWE convinces USA and Vince to make the first hour a different show entirely. Like say a women only show. Maybe that would help.

Yeah, and WWE lifers are brighter than the sun. Give me a break.

Nothing wrong with being a hardcore fan of any company if you really enjoy their product.

I have enjoyed AEW but I will not just blindly praise everything they do. I just appreciate good wrestling in general and some competition.

I used to really enjoy WWF and WCW in the mid to late 90s. I prefered WCW in 95 96 97 and 98. I was not afraid to admit that WWF was better in 99, 2000, and 2001. WCW had a better roster but WWF knew how to book their roster much better. WWF knew how to get better use out of their wrestlers. Both main eventers and lower card wrestlers were over in WWF.

I now see that AEW knows how to better use the roster that they have just like WWF did going against WCW. So nothing wrong if people are relieved to finally see some good competition to WWE. They are fans because AEW actually puts on great shows most weeks. It is not a counter culture thing.

2 Likes