WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Review & Press Conference Reaction

Originally published at WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Review & Press Conference Reaction - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWE Royal Rumble 2024 featuring Royal Rumble matches to determine WrestleMania XL’s title contenders.

Brandon Thurston joins us from St. Petersburg to discuss Paul Levesque’s responses to questions about Vince McMahon’s lawsuit at the post-Royal Rumble Press Conference.

Plus, calls and reactions from members of the POST Café.

.redcircle-link:link {
color: #ea404d;
text-decoration: none;
}
.redcircle-link:hover {
}
.redcircle-link:active {
}
.redcircle-link:visited {
}

Ad-free version available for members at POSTwrestlingCafe.com

WWE Royal Rumble 2024
January 27, 2023
Tropicana Field
St. Petersburg, FL

• 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
  • 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
  • Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns © vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. LA Knight
  • United States Championship: Logan Paul © vs. Kevin Owens

Watch this podcast at youtube.com/postwrestling

Photo Courtesy: WWE

Subscribe: https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

Patreon: http://postwrestlingcafe.com

Forum: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Discord: https://postwrestling.com/discord

Merch: https://store.postwrestling.com

X/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube: @POSTwrestling

Not sure if this the response section, but tbh I really don’t care about the Men’s Rumble. The story with the Women’s Rumble is amazing though.

1 Like

The show was just ok. Pretty underwhelming. Kind of confirmed that WWE is just not for me. Commentary was atrocious and that is why I fast forward through the majority of WWE stuff. So bad.

Roman’s match was plodding as all Roman matches are. The rumbles were both ok. No big surprises

2 Likes

Lol YouTube copyright striked the review video. Can’t watch it rn.

I just need to get something off my chest that bothers me a bit. I been a supporter of John and Wai since the Law days and respect all the hard work they put in each show and story they do. With that being said I wish they would compartmentalize things more than they do now. This Vince story is the latest example of what I mean. This story is bleeding over into every review and it starts to get tiresome to listen to. I agree 100% that this story needs to be talked about and covered but I wish it would be covered on one show only. There were a ton of great moments and not so great moments last night at the Rumble last night that I thought deserved way more discussion then they got. I know there will be some people that will say if you don’t like the way content is being presented on this site then leave and don’t come here. To that I will repeat what HHH said in the press conference, I choose to focus on the positive. I want to see Post Wrestling be the #1 site people go to for their wrestling and Marvel content. There are some amazing people on this team that do amazing work and though I disagree on how some things are structured, I still want to best for everyone. Thanks for letting me rant on your platform and I hope some consideration is taking in separating major news items from actual show reviews. Both need their due diligence equally.

It’s the biggest story in the industry. It absolutely should be front and centre of coverage for WWE.

Nobody comes here for fluff. They speak critically of important issues. Even if I disagree with some of the air given to the likes of the Jericho / Hausman stuff - it’s still important to cover.

The lawsuit is Janel Grant vs. World Wrestling Entertainment. All discussion surrounding WWE needs to be filtered through this.

1 Like

If you want fluff and positivity go to wwe.com.

1 Like

I understand the mentality of wanting to have professional wrestling as an escape, I too want that to get distracted from the real world every now and then. However, if there are people getting hurt, abused, or lives are being negatively impacted, sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture and understand that there are more important issues to deal with than the product itself.

3 Likes

If you are quoting anything HHH said and “choosing to focus on the positive” I really don’t know what to say other than you probably are the same group of people that would cheer Vince if he came out today.

What positive?

-a Netflix deal so you now have to lay to watch RAW
-a lacklustre and mediocre Royal Rumble with zero surprises or surprise winners (maybe Jade is the only bright spot)
-a complete ignorance of the fact that the most powerful person in the history of the wrestling world has basically been Harvey Weinstein

If you like, if you step back and look at this from Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby‘s point of you, you see why what HHH said it’s so damning right? Imagine that an actor who was working in the Harvey Weinstein movie said it was a great week because their movie opened number one the same week he was arrested? Or imagine that Bill Cosby show got picked up on Netflix and suddenly One of the cast was saying what a great week it was the same week he was accused by all those women of those crimes?

Or since you seem to love wrestling so much, how about if the week Owen died or Benoit died and Vince came out and said what a great week it was because they popped a rating on Monday night raw?

When you view it in that context, you see why it’s troubling to say you’re gonna focus on the positive and ignore the fact that the most powerful man in that industry is basically a 40 year extreme sex offender?

Definitely seems like the women’s rumble had the better showing

Like I said, I think the issue with the men’s rumble is you could’ve just started with the final four since those were the 4 who weee pushed with a shot.

And then ultimately, you have Cody and you have CM punk but there’s nothing really on the line. I think most fans seem to understand that no matter who wins that CM punk is facing Seth Rollins, and Cody is facing Roman. It’s just which one wins the rumble and which one wins the chamber. I think by having one of them at least thrown out a bit early. You would’ve put a little bit of doubt into that if it was Cody versus Gunther for a second time or Cody versus Jey Uso. Like at least then something was on the line for the person who lost was here you just know CM punk is going to be just fine.