WWE Stomping Grounds: Seth Rollins retains Universal title

I’ve read complaints about the “star power” not on this show: Lesnar Styles, Charlotte, Strowman, Miz, Balor, etc. And obviously we’re all familiar with the complaints back when these shows were all 5+ hours.

So which do you all prefer? In general, I’m definitely a bigger fan of the shorter shows that are missing some key talent. But until I see it work, I don’t have much faith in WWE keeping a “rotation” going that forget about some of the folks that I want to see for months at a time. I feel like we’re always going to get a top 10-12 performers on every show and then the rotation will be just reserved for 1-2 matches.

I prefer a rotation by far. I liked brand separate PPVs as it gave more time to build up feuds, shorter shows, space for the mid card titles to show up. I feel like they either need to eliminate the duplicate titles, or go back to the split. So unify the WWE and Universal, the tag belts, the IC/US, and the women’s titles. So that all the belts can be on the PPVs without the show being 7 hours long. I don’t really care about star power I want them to build matchups I care about seeing, where I’m not sure of the outcome. With all the top belts (men’s and women’s) the outcomes were pretty clear, because there was no real build.

1 Like

Sorry for the rash of posts, but as noted, I’m just finishing up watching Stomping Grounds now…

I love that Baron Corbin’s new deal is just that he’s trying to stay in the main event instead of focusing on winning the title. First he loses clean but complains about the official. Then he picks a special referee that he knows will lead to a mixed tag.

Next month, he should just start cutting promos that Kofi Kingston is a coward if he doesn’t fight him at Summerslam. Then, after he loses that match, he starts attacking the US or IC Champ with a ladder until he gets a ladder match out of it. Then he finds four guys and they start beating up Roman Reigns 5-on-1 right before Survivor Series.

You called it. Someone owes you an apology lol

No doubt he called it. Should be good, just means at this point the brand split is truly over because they don’t pretend to care who is on what show anymore

Yea it’s pretty obvious at this point they can’t even attempt to follow their own rule when it comes to the wildcard.