Your Minor League Achievements Are Irrelevant When You Get Called Up to the Majors

Makes a broad and silly statement…and I’m the one who can’t get over themselves :rofl:

^^^↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑^^^^^

1 Like

Okay, let’s just say that it is developmental. Just for the sake of this discussion, the current NXT brand (which is broadcast worldwide on the WWE Network, has it’s own “pay-per-view’s” or “specials”, and includes the likes of Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, War Machine and Andrade Almas - all of whom are internationally known - on it’s roster) is exactly the same as FCW, OVW and DSW were back in the day.

How does that make them “minor league”? Honing your craft, learning from the best and training in a state of the art facility while also participating in shows seen around the world (something FCW, OVW and DSW never did) doesn’t should minor league to me.

If you’re saying that TNA and ROH count as “other leagues” and not “minor leagues”, then NXT is just another league because it is at least as well known and watched as those two brands.

I think the word everyone is missing here isn’t “developmental.” It’s KAYFABE.

NXT may be referred to as a developmental brand on stockholder conference calls, press releases, etc. But within the confusing fictitious world of Raw and Smackdown, NXT is seen as a third brand and has been since Triple H announced it was it’s own brand around Takeover Brooklyn. The accomplishments within the brand are carried over and treated with the same weight as wrestlers coming from other promotions.

It’s safe to say that the characters of Michael Cole and Corey Graves treat NXT as being on the same level as NJPW. And that both are still below Raw and Smackdown. Making it even more impressive to them that Auska has maintained her streak on the “flagship show of sports entertainment.” It doesn’t matter how else it’s treated in real life or by the fans. In real life, all Auska has done is follow a script.

1 Like

Yes they do unless they were considered amateur bouts. Also I think MLB or at least baseball media wanted to include stats from when Ichiro Suzuki was in Japan for some sort of record. But honestly I don’t really get the WWE trying to legitimize someone’s “stats” when the blatantly leave out certain performers history based on where they were before WWE.