83 Weeks Bischoff podcast

Who told you that? Meltzer?

It’s a little surprising how little he remembers but I can see how that would be possible with his job.

He could at least do a little research. It’s clear he can’t even remember the matches Conrad asks him about. Like just fire up the network and at least upgrade the effort to half ass level.

2 Likes

I’m almost positive Bruce is totally full of shit too but he’s much better prepared and can be entertaining. He seems like he does love the business and paid attention (unlike Tony) and prepares somewhat (unlike Eric).

He also figured out what the show needs to be. Nobody wants to hear “I can’t recall” twenty times in two hours. Seems like Bruce just makes an educated guess if he doesn’t remember and it doesn’t stop the show.

Nope

I couldn’t care less about dirt sheet writers. And even if I did, we don’t need a half dozen rants every show. It’s lazy and boring. Go ahead and give your side of the story or the facts (or whatever) but move the fuck on.

And besides, Conrad makes great use of the dirt sheet reports to guide the topics.

I’m too lazy to find it but I remember seeing some stuff from Dave that painted Bruce as a hypocrite and master bullshit artist. Like wasn’t Bruce one of his sources at one time?

I sure have, and I don’t take everything Meltzer or any “dirt sheet writer” as gospel. He’s deals in rumours and with information from sources who may or may not always be credible. With that being said, Bischoff comes off as a bad used car salesman at times, as well as Bruce. Between Eric, Bruce, and Tony, the way they rag on Meltzer has gone overboard and takes away from the podcast. Bischoff was almost unbearable in the Bret Hart podcast. Not that everything Bret says is true,and Bret often comes across very badly when giving his opinion, but I thought Bischoff came across just as bad and just as petty.

1 Like

All well and good…but wasn’t Meltzer on the WWE payroll too? Just saying…hypocrisy is something everyone has

Not my point

The dirt sheet ranting gimmick is lame and sorta fake.

I don’t care if Dave is a hypocrite. Just would like a little less of the fake feud.

How is taking umbrage to somebody constantly shitting on your work…a fake beef?

I know you love to argue but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Most of the rants from Bruce are just details he claims Dave got wrong. Most of the time it isn’t even criticism from Dave.

It’s cool if you like a half dozen rants about dirt sheets in a 2.5 hour pod. It’s just not my cup of tea, dog.

Was a legit question…I get why Pritchard, Schiavone and Bischoff rant on Meltzer…firstly…Conrad Thompson is using his writing to try recap things they don’t recall…and they have to listen to this guy quote someone else criticizing their work and even their intelligence…and that guy writing blurbs criticizing their work has never done what they did.

How are they supposed to react? “Golly gee, well that’s like his opinion mannnn”…maybe the first time, but doing it for a decade and going back to it for the next 17 years will breed some contempt to said blurb writer.

I have to ask if you even listen to the shows.

A lot of what Conrad uses are just news reports or speculation. Most of it isn’t critical. It gets boring hearing them go ape shit so much.

I’m not even 100% sure it’s real. Seems like one of those things Conrad thinks is funny and just keeps pushing.

But it sounds like it doesn’t bother you…cool.

And why even include Tony? What’s he supposed to be getting offended by? He didn’t book anything.

Tony gets his commentary shit on by the observer recapping the shows they talk about.

Maybe now just maybe…if Meltzer didn’t write his “reports” like a pithy 17 year old blogger, there wouldn’t be so much dislike heaved on him by the people he covers.

Tony shits on his own commentary constantly

1 Like

Personally, It’s slowly becoming my favorite podcast to listen to because bischoff seem really sincere when he talk about what happened during his time in wcw and doesn’t shy away from taking responsibility when He’s at fault.

It’s a fun listen and I loved when he call bullshit on Meltzer or other dirt sheet writer stuff.

Last week episode on Bret Hart was my favorite so far mostly because while I respect Hart tremendously, he called bullshit on a lot of Bret stuff and it was a eye opening listen.

First episode was decent, the Bret one was atrocious and the Russo one pretty similar.

Bischoff has told his story numerous times and the only reason I have listened to this is to hear Conrad grill him but Conrad seems to be letting Eric blatantly lie and not call him on BS.
There’s a reason Eric’s old podcast didn’t last long and I have a feeling this might go the same way.

The balls on Eric to be so classless toward Bret Hart and Vince Russo he completely buries, while taking no blame its so laughable.

To slander Meltzer, Hart and Russo… Eric hasnt done anything relevant since 1998…
And he is clearly hammered drunk on the latest podcast, he’s not entertaining he’s ‘shooting’ for the sake of it and it’s a real turn off to listen to.

Bruce is full of shit too, but at least he has a great memory and tells great stories and is entertaining.

2 Likes

In the last few days, people on twitter and on the Observer board have found multiple interviews, one from April of 1997 from Prodigy (which I think was an internet provider back in the day), where Bischoff says “I offered Bret a contract” several times, and literally contradicts like a majority of the stuff he said on the Bret Hart podcast. I think some of the interviews are even as recent as two years ago.

Conrad commented on the Observer board that this weeks episode was taped before he found out about this, but he will bring it up next week to Bischoff.

People defending Bischoff in here need a new hill to die on.

2 Likes

Does bischoff a saint? hell no. Does bischoff always tell the truth? no way. He’s doing what everybody in this business does and telling his side of the story the way he remember it just like Bret Hart did in his book and Russo and Meltzer have been doing all their live.

In the end, this is entertainment, Meltzer is a big boy and get take care of himself. Personally, I’m happy to see all theses people like bischoff, schiavone, prichard and lawler take him to task for some of the bullshit he publish in the wrestling observer newsletter for all theses year.

As for Russo, let’s face it, He’s a born liar so I’m glad to see that so many peoples is crapping on him. He never did anything relevant in the business and now nobody want to be associate with him. Even Cody Rhodes and the young bucks made sure he wouldn’t be part of the starrcast event during the All in weekend. So I’m not going to be mad that bischoff took him to task.

As for Bret Hart, you have to remember that he wrote that book during a time in his life, where he blamed everybody for his shortcoming. Bret as the reputation of being somebody who love to blame other peoples for his shortcoming, That’s not a secret at this point so I’m would be surprise if he tried to embellish some story in his book to make somebody who he hated look bad.

The point I’m making is that nobody in this business is a saint and the fact is that when you have a podcast, you’re going to make yourself look good in the process. The point of having a podcast is to be entertain and bischoff is entertaining.

Tony and Bruce can both employ comedy into their podcasts, which is integral in making them a success. Eric Bischoff fails at this. Eric comes across as a serious, cranky old man most of the time on 83 Weeks. His few attempts at comedy fall flat and are awkward from the 1.5 episodes I’ve listened to so far. I also don’t think the chemistry is there between Eric and Conrad yet.

1 Like

I guess Bischoff has to do impressions and do dick jokes for people to consider his show “entertaining”.

This entire thing is designed for Bischoff to create controversy…because that’s his M.O…People either agree or disagree…but people will keep tuning in.

Whenever I listen to Bruce or Eric’s shows, I wonder if anyone would be dumb enough to fall for the act, and then I come in here and see how many people actually do.

Bruce doesn’t hate Dave Meltzer. Like at all. He was a source for him for years, and hell, Dave even said Bruce was one of the sources for him for the Bret stuff. It’s an act for the show to get attention, and it works clearly. The issue at least for me has become, he’s over doing it on recent shows.

For anyone who this is news to, skip to 9:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZWP1c7W0Q

1 Like