AEW Dynamite 10.2.19 Live Thread (spoilers, not feedback)

By the way, its worth noting Hager didn’t even acknowledge the “We the people!” chants let alone put his arm over his chest. Maybe that’s just because of the situation or maybe that’s because even though he may be a MAGA chud, he’s not that much of an idiot. That one’s on the fans.

WWE had to go out of their way with PSAs to try and ensure people weren’t influenced and didn’t take that gimmick seriously back then. To let that sort of gimmick go unchecked in today’s climate would be down right irresponsible.

Also, while we’re on the topic, while they don’t seem to be MAGA chuds based on old tweets The Young Bucks at least used to be Republicans, Omega once gave an interview whining about “snowflakes” and other right wing buzzwords* and has liked a number of tweets many would consider problematic and Shad Khan donated millions to Trump’s election campaign. While AEW is generally a more “progressive” company than most (it’s a very low bar), i’m sure Hager will fit in fine and we don’t need to pretend AEW is something they’re not or that Republicans are some oppressed, discriminated against demo.

*I read this like a year ago but can’t find reference to it now, so i may be mistaken

1 Like

Thoughts:

• I liked the commentary way more than I thought. Tony was great. I get why JR doesn’t work for some people.

• The first half of the show was a little too slow.

• The bucks looked like big stars. It’s too bad the didn’t figure out how to open the show with them.

• Haggar doesn’t do it for me but I’ll give it a chance.

1 Like

Yeah most wrestlers are Republicans.

I Remember when Bush was running you had everyone out supporting him like UT, Austin, Micheal’s, Lawler etc

I think AEW May got more MAGA with Hager to draw heat although it may backfire in certain markets

I’m not sure that holds as true with younger wrestlers as it does with the old guard.

1 Like