AEW Dynamite 10.2.19 Live Thread (spoilers, not feedback)

It’s up for debate, but I’d argue visibility in any MMA promotion on cable TV is good in the case for AEW trying to bring in lapsed fans, many of which got into MMA with the rise of UFC and the cable product at a time WWE was faltering.

1 Like

I feel pretty confident that AEW’s debut tv rating is going to dwarf Bellators biggest number. I honestly don’t think the cross-over fanbase is there as much as it was a few years ago either, and it’s not like beating a couple out of shape nobodies with records so bad that they make CM Punk’s record look impressive does much to legitimize Hager.

Also I just want to let you know how excited I was to see an opportunity arise to take a dig at Bellator in the Dynamite thread. Fucking Bellator.

1 Like

He won an election. Will likely win again.

There is a difference between not liking Swagger’s views and also saying he shouldn’t have a job or he brought in bc of it

If everyone dislikes Swagger for his views, then they should immediately stop watching WWE, she worked in Trump’s administration, lol.

4 Likes

Thank you. You should also not watch UFC then, hate AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels, not watch the NFL etc.

The answer to both should always be “Yes”.
:rofl::man_shrugging:t4::100:

1 Like

Fine but do you watch UFC and the NFL. Don’t be a hypocrite.

Swagger loves Trump. That doesn’t mean he can’t have a job at AEW.

Also if AEW fans are so woke what’s with the “we the people” chant ?

I said this in another thread but for night 1 I didn’t like the commentary team much. I have JR’s voice so ingrained in my brain as the voice of WWE. It just felt weird hearing him call another show. Between the combination of JR’s voice, the arena setting and a bunch of former WWE wrestlers it honestly looked like a WWE show and NXT is the alternative. Maybe over weeks and months I’ll get used to it.

But yes I agree Tony and Excalibur were good.

Fair enough, but we’ve been treated to the crap WWE calls commentary for years. So honestly, it was such a huge breath of fresh air for me.

WWE commentary is actively bad and takes so much away from the product and to me AEW commentary added a lot.

With the amount of shows I do, you should know multi-tasking is one of my strong suits, brother. :wink:

I can watch the work of terrible human beings & still appreciate their craft. In fact, I’d argue that in today’s society where the public knows as much about celebrities as they ever have; we all are faced with making those choices based on our personal moral code.

If you REALLY want to get into it, the MAGA crowd in the NFL is far less of an issue for me than CTE, non-guaranteed money for the players, and owners gouging cities for cash, only to relocate on a whim.

As it relates to Hager, I don’t really care about his politics…As long as they don’t cause problems within a locker room/company that looks to be more progressive than your average wrasslin’ fed. Plus he’s a heel…So if he/they want to lean into that, I get it. The name of the game is selling tickets & a good villain can be a good means to that end. :100:

1 Like

You’re literally the one who brought Hager’s politics into this and are banging on about how having a “MAGA backing” is a positive and a great job in appealing to the MAGA fanbase blah blah blah. Yet you simultaneously want to claim “politics having nothing to do with this” in the very same paragraph. Absolutely guaranteed Hager’s politics and/or bigotry wouldn’t have come up here yet you had to obnoxiously chime in and now you want to claim victim status when you get responses you don’t like.

Absolutely textbook imaging of your cult leaders irrational thinking and/or calculated trolling.

2 Likes

Like I said in the AEW vs NXT thread, he’s a troll.

1 Like

Someone above said they were surprised they brought him in given his politics are not in line with the whole attitude of the elite. I was just saying you shouldn’t discriminate against him as MAGA has a lot of similar fans and if could appeal to them and he shouldn’t be denied a job for his political beliefs

1 Like

Right. So politics do have something to do with it then don’t they? In fact a lot, judging by your own words. So stop bullshitting and trying to play victim. It’s pathetic.

1 Like

“Republicans buy sneakers too”

Which has always been funny because while of course this is true and gets the point across, it’s only true in the same way as saying “the sky is blue” is true. Yeah, we know.

In reality though, the venn diagram of Republicans and sneakerheads is almost a figure 8. Nike’s increase in sales since partnering with Kaepernick being a good example. Nike know that which is why they not only don’t give a damn about appeasing the American right but will actively inflame them.

People may watch the show bc of him bc they like MAGA. So it’s smart business to use him. Like WWE does with Rey Mysterio appeal.

People saying AEW shouldn’t have hired him bc if MAGA are discriminating against him.

What am I saying that’s wrong here ?

1 Like

@Gramercy you missed my Michael Jordan link above. It’s an old quote form MJ about why he wasn’t political during the 90s.

Any good consumer brand knows to leave politics and controversial things as such at the door if you want to maximize the capitalist experience.

Nothing, @Alex_Patel - the irony that “woke” people suggest other views and difference of opinions result in lack of opportunity is the most entertaining part of “woke” culture.

The first sentence directly contradicts this one:

Politics have nothing to do with this

You can’t have it both ways.

1 Like