AEW Dynamite finishes tenth against U.S. presidential speech

In theory I would agree with this, but I think you are making a strawman and this isnt applicable here. Nobody has ever said that you aren’t allowed to criticize AEW, and while I do agree that there have been posters who get weird with AEW and take things personally, what this particular poster is doing is saying the same thing in every fucking thread.

The kicker…he doesn’t even watch it, he just repeats the same criticism over and over again. If he watched and criticized things like we all do, nobody would care. Ill give you an example, I watched AEW Revolution and hated the show. Nobody got mad at me for saying that, in fact, a lot of posters agreed with me. There is a difference between being critical and just taking shots for the sake of taking shots.

3 Likes

I just knew when I saw 30+ new posts, that BDoink must have shown up to give us his knowledgeable opinions on the show that he “doesnt watch”.

5 Likes

No there won’t always be a significant event the same night, or an opposing wrestling program. If their is a backpack every week then that sets the standard but if you remove it and see a difference then you don’t use the historical data as reference. For a better example I work as a data analyst in the utility industry and when we were looking at modeling 2020 data we didn’t look at 2019 because Covid impacted various electrical usage patterns. Now in the future once lockdowns are over we will exclude the lockdown data in our models because it won’t be relevant any more. So for AEW ratings we should only really be looking at data since NXT moved for baselining their ratings, and we don’t have enough data yet to do that in a meaningful way. The best we could do is try to historically look at unopposed data, create a model with a ratio based model reflecting the expected increase. We would never just look at the old average

3 Likes

What is the average rating since they went unopposed?

We are going to have 4 weeks of data this Wednesday, it is most likely the rating avg will be above 1mil. But I haven’t done the math.

1 Like

Apr 28 - 889,000
Apr 21 - 1,104,000
Apr 14 - 1.219,000

Average = 1,070,667

Absolutely ridiculous system. You’re allowed to abuse people or otherwise break the rules, as long as you pay

2 Likes

Not even close to what he said, but sure.

1 Like

put it together with what he said to me on another thread and that is exactly what he said

2 Likes

No…you can spin it that way if you want, but thats not what he said.

1 Like

Average and trends are completely different things. Yes, the average is barely above 1 million, but the trend is downwards back towards the same range they were in prior to being unopposed.

This Wednesday’s episode with a hot-shotted Blood and Guts match will no doubt give them a boost again but eventually they are going to run out of things to hot-shot.

Have you ever heard of confirmation bias? You very well may be right, but you also very well may be wrong. Let’s just wait and see what happens rather than speak in definitive terms.

2 Likes

My observation about most AEW conversations on this site: it’s ok to hate on AEW for any number of reasons, whether you don’t like their matches, storytelling, or booking. However, if you KNOW you’re not an AEW fan and won’t ever enjoy the product, why waste your time and energy constantly critiquing the product and fans?

I’m a huge music fan and most
mainstream music drives me nuts. I could spend all day online ripping Taylor Swift or mumble rappers I don’t like, but why spend so much time on something I don’t care about? I’d rather spend my time/energy on shit I actually care about and enjoy.

6 Likes

Well I’ve reported someone who is a paying member for making posts much worse than mine, and they’ve not been banned. They’ve been “given the benefit of the doubt.” so quite clearly that is what the rules are

2 Likes

Paying members have been suspended before. Just cause you report someone doesn’t guarantee they will be banned.

Please have a a strong opinion about any wrestling product, just don’t be an asshole. You calling some one a “gobshite” was you being an asshole. You didn’t report him immediately, you fired back with that insult and got your self suspended. You had only been here for a very sort time and hadn’t built any kind of positive reputation.

2 Likes

If I can comment on the Feedback threads I am presumably logged in with my Patreon account as Wai mentioned, correct?

Yes. If you have a red badge attached to your name you are logged in. Any questions send me a DM. Let’s keep this thread on topic.

1 Like

I have, on occasion, hit something with my thumb while scrolling on my phone. I wonder if I flagged someone unintentionally. Pretty sure I haven’t had a reason to ever do it intentionally. So, I’d like to say I’m sorry, and whoops, damn thumbs

Wow, as an all life metalhead that listens to pretty much every genre (from heavy rock through thrash, death and grind to funeral doom and even drone occasionally) I can relate so much to this, but it never crossed my mind to relate this to wrestling. :grin:

I can sometimes in talks with others shit on something I don’t listen to at all like modern pop, but I love stuff (songs) from the 80’s and the 90’s, maybe there are songs here and there after that, that I can sorta like, but my general opinion is that pop sucks for the longest time, and now I even have HARD TIME getting into the new bands from the genres that I am listening to - I find them all bleach, stale and generic, all sounding (instrument and vocals alike) the same (WTF happened with the vocals variety FFS - I can’t tell one from another in those new bands and in the old days could instantly recognize any singer from any band?). I read this article a while back that around their 40’s people’s brain kinda stops to “sponge” new music, cause if you have a huge library in that said brain it gets oversaturated with information, so it gets hard to process new stuff. As a person who, when listening to music, I listen to whole albums and not a single track from an album or a band, in later years I find myself getting harder and harder into finding new stuff that I actually like and will insert into my “library” for regular rotation. I find myself listening to the old stuff more and more, instead of going the other direction with opening “new horizons”. I can check some of the recommendations from friends and once in a blue moon I’ll be surprised by something, but I will not spend my time going and bitching all day long how this band is bad and that band is bad.

I don’t know where I was going with this, hahaha. Just wanted to expand on the point of “don’t like - don’t watch/bitch”. I guess you can have an opinion and occasionally drop some of it, but I’ll consider you having some issues if you are doing this constantly and extremely in a negative manner.

I stopped watching regular WWE after nearly 24 years doing this on a weekly basis. I can check on a PPV here or there, but I find myself just getting reminded why I stopped watching their product. This and listening to podcasts where I hear something that really intrigues me and I am like “Alright! Imma go find and watch this, sounds pretty cool!” and then I hear about the next segment that is something WWE patent lobotomized and all my enthusiasm is gone. I guess this comes from the point that I can’t watch a fragmented product. I need to have as full a picture of it as I can, so I can enjoy and have a “correct” opinion about it, as I do with all the albums of all the bands that I am listening to DAILY - it’s what I do. Yes, there may be a stinker of a song or two here and there among those albums, but in general, when the entire album is good it is such a pleasure to listen to, while if it’s bad… I can get back to it occasionally cause I have some sentiment towards it, but in general it won’t be in my constant rotation list.

I guess this is what I did with WWE as a product - took them out of my rotation circle and it’s only because of podcasts I am listening to I follow them still, cause, well, I am still a fan (of sorts). But I hate skipping through products because of bad fragments in them, so I just prefer to skip those products as a whole. I can still have an opinion on it based on past experiences and monthly or bi-monthly checks of some event, but in general I’ll bitch (and praise!) for what I saw at that particular event (I think I’ve made a big post about the second day of WM this year, cause I was so appalled from that Fiend match that I just had to start writing and then it followed with the women and it got worse so I had to continue writing and… just had to finish with the gimmick after).

Hope someone will read this wall of text and get something out of it. I think I lost the plot somewhere in the middle. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

AEW is amazing. I love it so much

Oh man, why exactly are you on this board? I don’t get it.

1 Like