AEW Dynamite tops 1.2 million viewers, finishes second on cable

You can’t critique something you haven’t watched. You just repeat other peoples opinions obnoxiously.

3 Likes

Where did I troll?

Incorrect. Read previous posts.

And this thread got weird.

Can’t everyone just be happy for AEW for hitting such a great number AND not be arrogant about the number. Only in wrestling fandom does this dumb shit take place.

1 Like

How long have you been using the internet?

The fact that certain behaviors have existed for a long time do not make said behaviors any less dumb and pointless.

1 Like

Indeed. But not only has the horse bolted on that, it’s so far away it’ll never be found.

If an Olympic boxer punched you in your liver with all his strength, you’d fall to the ground and cry like a baby.

4 Likes

Earlier today I was thinking that Vince McMahon will now want to put Superstars on USA on Wednesday.

And if someone dumped you on your head in the ring, never mind in the ring apron, following a Canadian destroyer you wouldn’t pop up like nothing had happened and execute a series of flippity flops followed by superkick partaaaaaay.

Be interesting to see how many of the 350k-400k additional viewers hang about when this is the standard presented to them.

AEW did well. People seem to be acting level headed, if not very surprised, that a show they watch did well. Glad you could show up and totally contribute to the conversation…

Seriously, why?

2 Likes

Ensuring there is balance rather than blind capitulation.

1 Like

What was unbalanced about this thread before you posted in it?

1 Like

They were in the 800k range regularly, and did just under a million a few times, when up against NXT so this isn’t a massive surprise. No competition and still had their regular time slot. Hard to really get too worked up about it when it’s down to no competition rather than interest in the show growing. People that would’ve watched NXT live on Wednesdays now have a chance to watch AEW instead. It’s more a case of what’s expected more than anything. Not hitting a million regularly would be a failure for AEW now.

1 Like

Not really a wrestling specific thing. It’s shitty behaviour but if one extreme is tolerated, then an opposing extreme will exist. It also depends on what you view as being a level headed reaction to this. To me, people suggesting this was because AEW did something rather than NXT just moving out of the way, aren’t being level headed in my opinion. Pointing that out is fair.

Literally every AEW fan has said for the last 18 months, that they will only grow once NXT isn’t head to head. Nobody anywhere is denying this fact.

You’re making up an argument that doesn’t exist.

1 Like

If people stop watching wrestling because of botches there would be nobody watching wrestling.

8 Likes

I think you’re being willfully ignorant if you think most AEW fans understand that this is just down to there being no competition.

I think it going up was obvious. Maybe even getting over a million is expected (lord knows, I literally said the expectations shouldn’t change just because they were down for a month), but they were up like 65% this week…I think at point it’s not unreasonable to be shocked at just how much they maximized the opportunity. Of course, decent chance that this was seen as a “debut” by their audience and wrestling fans and everyone wanted to tune in as an event, but they’re now starting from a higher point than we thought…I think it’s more notable than we would have figured had it been up in the exact same range of NXT.

2 Likes