AEW Dynamite tops 1.2 million viewers, finishes second on cable

You’re trying way, way too hard.

5 Likes

Nobody would watch AEW. If you are seriously suggesting that there is anywhere near the level of amateurism in WWE as there is in AEW then you are either delusional or just full of shit. Even allowing for Nia Jax, the level of professionalism and execution in WWE is on a different level. And that’s because they train their athletes.

And I think WWE is a shit product too before anyone tries to obfuscate the real issue and avoids trying to defend the indefensible.

Airing such rank amateurs on any programming never mind your flagship programme on national cable makes the brand look second rate.

Nah. Whatever you think I’m trying, I’m not trying at all.

There were more botches in the women’s gauntlet match at Wrestlemania then there are in most AEW shows. WWE should have less botches most of their wrestlers have been wrestling each other over and over for years using a slower less risky style.

Or another way to put it, working within their limitations. Professional.

That you can’t even acknowledge how amateur it makes AEW look and instead try to defend it says everything about your lack of objectivity and therefore the credibility of your opinion.

Since when are botches the end of the world? The only people who notice them are wrestling nerds like us, most people do not care or even notice.

Plus, botches are understandable because wrestling isn’t easy and to me it makes it feel like more of a sport rather than a performance. MMA and real sports guys slip or “botch” sometimes - who cares.

On top of all that it makes those who never botch look even better. Maybe you should watch ballet if you want to watch perfectly coordinated moves

3 Likes

How does it make them look amateur when every company has botches? Is WWE amateur because they have Shane wrestling?

1 Like

Fuck me. It’s like arguing with Scientologists. Completely unable to acknowledge the truth.

Shane, as much as he is awful, executes his matches better than most of these amateurs. Go check out AEWBotches Twitter feed to see the sheer volume of botches.

Do you even enjoy professional wrestling?

1 Like

You can’t talk about anybody being objective after that nonsense. I watch the actual show so I don’t have to base my opinion off a random twitter account.

3 Likes

No doubt that its because NXT moved nights (and potentially fans who saw the Jericho interview), but nevertheless, its an accomplishment. There shouldn’t be a debate here.

1 Like

What wrestling do you watch Bdubz?

2 Likes

So how many weeks until our buddy Bdubz calls AEW a success. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

You do realize most of the botches they post are from Dark right?

1 Like

Congrats to the greatest booker and owner of all time, Tony Khan, for the great number.

Hopefully with these great numbers, he’ll give us even more amazing content, that people like Bdoink will definitely be seeking out on Twitter.

Purely older stuff now Mike. Mainly Memphis wrestling and JCP/WCW through to 1997/98 with the odd WWF/WWE match from the early 80’s through to the late 90’s. From the period where wrestlers were actually over and huge stars.

I open this tread and see nothing but people responding to the same two persons that are spewing the same rehashed things for months and months. Do yourself a favor and just ignore them (or block them, like I did). There’s nothing of value you can see in their posts.

On the topic - love the number, I hope it wasn’t an aberration and AEW won’t drop beyond 900 000 next week. Thus said - the opening match was SICK, the show as a whole was pretty damn good, but the main event saw way, way too many interference and sometimes the ending of the show is what stuck in people’s heads the most.

3 Likes

Still displaying your ignorance I see. There is no need to seek any of this out on Twitter. It works on what are called “algorithms”. So if you follow someone you see Tweets from people they follow or they have retweeted.

This answers your question although that would be what I would say is success by their standards. Them being successful by my standards would be them actually growing the audience from that average.