AEW Revolution

Im sorry if it came across wrong. I just mean the gimmick of being lazy and doing nothing doesn’t appeal to me. Perhaps that gimmick appeals to those younger. I’m not implying young people are lazy and do nothing

You were definitely taking a shot at millennials

Did it ever occurred to you that you are maybe trying way too hard to “understand” it?

4 Likes

I dont see anyone talking about Orange Cassidy for what he actually is. Either people think its comedy and too stupid and they dont get it and for some reason think this is going to drive away 500k+ viewers, which is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Or people say he’s going to be a huge star, which I then have to question what those people think is a huge star. This is not a guy that is going to bring in a ton of new viewers. It’s not a character that will ever win a world title.

Orange Cassidy, with this gimmick, is R-Truth. He’s there for a cool down in the middle of the card or to break up a big match. Some people get it and think its funny, some people dont. I dont find R-Truth funny at all, but many people seem to love him. There is a spot for it though, because its fucking wrestling and if it isnt entertaining to one person, it is to the next.

2 Likes

GoFundMe Started For Cody’s Tattoo Removal

Some feel so strongly about Cody’s tattoo that they have started a GoFundMe to have it removed.

“Cody just unveiled a horrible tattoo on AEW Revolution. The tattoo clearly was a major factor in him losing his match against MJF, and it’s just really really ugly. I’m sure Cody is embarrassed and probably regrets it. Let’s raise some money so Cody can afford to get it removed,” a description of the GoFundMe readds.

I’ve seen it all. :joy:

3 Likes

It was a bad idea lol. Didn’t help that his band sucked too which made you focus on it more. I thought he wanted to be an actor ?

I can’t believe he actually paid money for that design. I didnt think there was any chance it was real but hey Cody really put his neck out for the business

1 Like

On Orange Cassidy you have to give a lot of credit to Pac for getting it all over last night. With the wrong opponent that could have failed but his facials and the way he sold everything was perfect

Cassidy is purely to get to people who take wrestling too seriously. I love it.

Almost as dumb as this statement which shows a complete inability to interpret a sentence or are you are deliberately trying to misrepresent what I said?

There is no doubt he is incredibly athletic but he needs to stop the bizarre face pulling, finger pointing and jumps every time he runs the ropes. Apart from looking ridiculous, I find it incredibly irritating to watch him.

I don’t disagree about some of his mannerisms but his offence is so damn smooth and his selling is next level

They need to create a genuine superstar who can capture the mainstream viewing audience. They should be paying whatever it takes to sign up Tessa Blanchard when her contract is up with Impact. She has the potential both in terms of charisma and in ring work (way more than Becky).

Dont flatter yourself, bud. I dont give enough of a shit about you, to “misrepresent” what you said. It’s spelt out pretty clear here…

Newsflash…all aspects of wrestling are a performance. In ring, backstage, promos, action, comedy, whatever, its all a fucking performance. People arent tuning out in thousands, because they dont like the comedy or they dont like the faces someone makes.

Wrestling these days has about 2.5 million regular viewers. They tune in some weeks, they tune out some weeks. Not everything is for everyone, but there is not one thing that is going to turn away a mass audience. Shitty episodes of Raw and Smackdown over the years, prove that.

Yeah, she also have a certain reputation behind the curtains.

They do have guys that can become mainstream right now and those guys are at the top of their program all the time - Jericho, Mox, Kenny, Darby’s becoming super over. And guess what - they are recognizing this and are allowing those guys to grow and develop. Not booking them 50/50 or putting them in the middle of a losing streak after losing streak.

1 Like

Clearly you do because you did.

You cant really misrepresent stupidity. Its out there for everyone to see. Let me guess, did Jim Cornette tell you that and you believe it to be true?

1 Like

Wait a minute, how old are you?

Don’t be so touchy about criticism of AEW.

It is more like prejudice and stupidity. Or vice versa.