AJ Styles says he has no respect for CM Punk following Punk calling him out for staying silent about racial issues

This seems like more of a U.S. problem. Here in Canada schools work differently. There are no poor schools and rich public schools. Maybe that seperation of neighbourhoods leads to problems. One thing I hate about Toronto is that there are too much different types of neigbourhoods. Chinese, Italian, Indian,and so on. People always move to be with their own kind. What was the point of moving to Canada if you only want to be around your own kind? Maybe I am off topic but this just came to my mind.

I’m not taking the bait and seriously discussing the content of a Joey Salads prank video or the point of an article from a newspaper which makes Fox News look balanced. The same way i wouldn’t bother trying to convince somebody the sky is blue if they told me otherwise. Your entire argument comes from a false position. The foundations it’s built on aren’t even real.

If anybody is wondering why i’m being so dismissive: Joey Salads and Wochenblick.

3 Likes

How is there any reasonable or acceptable reason not to speak with out against racism?

Silence, and staying “out of it” is compliance with the status quo, and agreeing with it.

1 Like

Not sure how true your idea of Asian immigrants only moving to Chinatown or Italian’s to little Italy, if at all. Today, those parts of town are largely based around older populations. People growing up in that city now want the same thing as everyone else, and a chance at the same kind of life as everyone else. For many, that means living across the entire GTA.

Historically, those “neighborhoods” were where those new immigrants settled in the city.

That video is so dumb. Let me ask you this question. What is the platform of the all lives matter movement? What are they doing to make it so that all lives matter? What protests have they held opposing injustice against various lives?

Have they protested police brutality? Treatment of immigrants? Genocide in other countries?

Point me to what they have done please.

I’m going to take a stab up front and say you can’t because there is no “All Lives Matter” movement, it is just a catch phrase idiots say in opposition to Black lives matter to shut down discussion and avoid facing the issues that exist in the black community. So it stand to reason that Black People would be pissed about that sign, it represents opposition to removing their oppression, it doesn’t stand for anything positive.

3 Likes

It’s low-energy, childish, bad faith trolling. As soon as you engage with it you lose.

3 Likes

So we are cool with AJ then right? Just trying to get back to the original point. They still DUN WAN NUN right?

The only way we as a society are going to be able to flush this type of bullshit out of the system, is if we all come together. That is all I care about it. If we go down a road where people start fighting over “Person A didnt say enough”, “Don’t tell me what I have to say” etc etc. etc. We are straying away from the real cause and what really matters, and what really matters is equality. I hate the fact that a POC ever has to feel unsafe based on their skin colour.

I dont like what CM Punk did here and I believe that this thread is a microcosm of what happens in society, these types of statements simply divide us.

I get people want to help so badly, but sometimes even if a person has great intentions, it hurts the cause. People need to stop arguing over who says what, and keep the focus where it should be.

4 Likes

I think I’ve had enough CM punk to last me forever to be quite honest.

1 Like

I think it was a bit of a bitch move from CM Punk to be honest. Something that seems to be a regular occurrence. Wants to be seen as edgy but seems to be desperate to get accepted by social media.

Needing to see if the celebrities you know are talking about subjects you care about just so you can decide if you should go after them or not is fucking sad. If he says something that people don’t 100% agree with, people would just say he should’ve stayed quiet. I doubt he’s in favour of police brutality but knowing his political leanings, he’s probably not in favour of police being targeted either.

Celebrities don’t sway people’s opinions either, if they say something people don’t like then people will turn against them. It doesn’t do much. Maybe people should harass politicians more about their opinions seeing as they’re the only ones that can actually change things.

1 Like

In regards to your last paragraph, I think I agree for the most part when it comes to adults, but I think its a bit different when it comes to adolescences. If you take someone like a Justin Bieber or a Taylor Swift, the influence they have on their die hard fans is unreal.

1 Like

There has mostly been good discussion here. You guys are a smart group of people here that know the actual causes of the protest. I just hope that all people know exactly what they are protesting against and keep it peaceful. It should not be a protest against police. I would imagine that they have a tough job and I have alot of respect for them.

I do find it silly that other countries have to follow the Americans by protesting as well. When some of these countries have their own problems to deal with. There are countries where genecides and crimes against christians are going on but because it is not going on in America no one cares. It is not fashionable to protest against it. The media and social media has not given it much attention like they always seem to give the American stories.

1 Like

The most FN cringiest thing; do you want anyone to sound like this, does it MATTER, does it achieves something (aside making yourself out a phoney clown):

Making this about jokes and TV shows shifts the focus from what the protests are actually about. It’s as if the PC crowd have just used this as an opportunity to execute a land grab.

1 Like

Do you think that maybe people in other countries saw this and were reminded of their own oppression? Maybe they were inspired by the protests to start their own? This is entirely possible, they didn’t “have to follow the Americans.”
I think the fact that Floyd’s murder was caught live on social media from individuals is why people identified with it. They may wish they had the opportunity for the world to see the shit they go through every day, and this is a small example.
And I REALLY don’t want to do there but you single out genocide against “Christians.” While this may happen, please look into how the Uyghur Muslims are treated in China. I’m not going into a circular “this group is more opressed than that group,” but if people are turning a blind eye to genocide against Christians, then they are certainly also ignoring the plight of Uyghur Muslims.

2 Likes

I meant genocide in general and hate crimes against all religions. But it seems that if crimes are against christians it gets less media attention than if it is against muslims. I could be wrong but it seems that way to me.

I forgot to mention the looters. There is no excuse for that. People are commiting crimes and stealing from innocent people. Is that any better than being racist?

There are many levels to the looting that happened in the recent riots. And an argument could be made that much of it was not started by protestors.

But at the end of the day - I’m okay with the destruction of property, if it’s the means to get people’s attention to a systemic problem.

And to me, hundreds of years of oppression and racism, is far worse than billion dollar corporations losing profit.

A separate It was recommended on the Smackdown review this week - but I beg you to watch the documentary entitled “The 13th”, as it perfectly gives you the history on what is happening now.

It’s a Netflix film that has been made viewable for free on YouTube.

If after watching that, you get hung up on the language of angry oppressed people - and can not feel empathy for those fighting, specifically in the US right now - than you’re probably a lost cause.

2 Likes

Right now in London there are demonstrators rioting and fighting the police over a Winston Churchill statue.

These demonstrators are anti-BLM demonstrators who claimed they would be “protecting” the Churchill statue from the BLM protesters…except BLM knew this and of course know damn well the type of people who would be part of an “anti-BLM” protest so just didn’t bother turning up. BLM literally cancelled their protest, there’s none of them there.

So now we have the police protecting a statue from anti-BLM demonstrators who claimed they wanted to protect it. From people who aren’t even there.

Winston Churchill, a man who stopped British people from having to salute Nazis, is now being celebrated by a bunch of white supremacists doing Nazi salutes and singing fascist anthems while they fight the police they’re meant to love and respect so much.

If this doesn’t tell you exactly what’s what with “All Livers Matter” or any of the other bullshit, nothing will.

2 Likes