ALL IN - Live Discussion Thread

Now 10:59pm, cutting it close…

Man - right on the buzzer!!

1 Like

I would have enjoyed another 5 minutes, but I am happy with that match.

1 Like

I had to pause. Starting main event not…did they get it in?

Yeah, then rushed to get off the air.

1 Like

Just a heads up, John & Wai have posted the podcast feedback thread.

https://forum.postwrestling.com/t/feedback-all-in/3491?u=chris_thunder

1 Like

Love the Golden Elite gear!

1 Like

Biggest and best thing I can say about tonight:

A night where the wrestling fan wasn’t insulted, we got to see incredible in-ring, surprises, payoffs, and real emotion. This was peak wrestling in 2018 and I’m damn glad I was All In for the ride the past few months!!

Can’t wait for the MSG show in March and hopefully not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4…but many many All In shows

There is one other takeaway from this show.

If you are ROH, NWA and New Japan, you must be happy that this show went well. All the talent that was on loan for this show didn’t look bad at all, was accepted by the fans, which made the audience watching at home realize that as well.

1 Like

I’m baffled at 2 pieces of feedback on this show, in the feedback thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you wanted more from THAT or you felt if peaked in the middle of the show, then I dont know what to say. The only slight problem I could see with the show, were a couple times, there looked like some really close calls with people breaking up pins, otherwise…I dont know. I guess that is why WWE is raking in the cash, some people just prefer crap.

1 Like

I’m positive this will lead to nothing and Omega and the Young Bucks will be signed to WWE by next year.

For those who hadn’t seen it - the post show go home promos from everyone. Pretty amazing.

@BillyKidmansJorts the crew in this video aren’t going anywhere just yet! https://twitter.com/bustedopenradio/status/1036089713927614464?s=21

(And also, :disappointed_relieved: that Marty didn’t come out. Something must be going on with him as he wasn’t named in the pact and wasn’t in ring with the group)

2 Likes

That’s a great point @CorSec99 - I like to borrow the Bill Simmons “who says no” line about trades when it comes to this type of collaboration…what company says no? And what company is saying no to working with any of the BTE cast in any capacity on any show when they are all now proven money making draws.

(It’s only a matter of time before WWE offers them a Y2J or legends type run to come in, do a program, and leave…by all accounts Vince is fully aware of everything they are doing, at least that’s how it came across on the Talk is Jericho pod)

When it came down to the wire, I had to choose between paying $40 for the PPV or spending $120 on a year long subscription to Honor Club VIP. I chose the VIP. I bet ROH made an ass ton of money from All In as I’m certainly not the only one that made this decision.

1 Like

Reading tweets from guys like CD and Kazarian and it’s easy to forget but for so many last night that had to be the biggest live audience they had ever been in front of in 15-20+ year careers.
Can’t think of an event that they’d have had meaningful participation in that tops All In. Outside Rey and Jericho and the New Japan guys who have performed at WK who else has been in front of that many?

The two biggest mistakes fans are making:

1. Pretending that All In was on par (financially, culturally, etc.) with a WWE show
  2. Shitting on All In because it wasn’t on par with a WWE show

It was great event for professional wrestling. They primarily attracted fans who wanted the event to succeed (something you can’t say about the average WWE “supershow”) and sold out a 10,000+ seat venue. Only time will tell if this was a blip on the radar, the start of a major revolution or something in the middle.

Congratulations to those who made it happen, cheers to the fans who enjoyed it and my deepest sympathies to the “fans” who apparently were forced at gunpoint to watch (and comment on) it even though they were predisposed to think it was a small-time, indy-riffic, smarky piece of crap.

2 Likes

What is the next step for them? Are people going to start watching ROH television now? Are they going to do a big show every few months and just build it up through youtube or what? If this is going to have any impact they need to start getting people to watch a weekly tv product. ROH’s television is and has always been very dull and nobody watches it.

What exactly is the next step people are referring to?

I dont think this was done with any thoughts of “I hope this puts eyes on RoH or New Japan.” It was more of putting spotlight on indie wrestling and that was exactly what it did. It was something the Bucks & Cody wanted to do. They wanted to sell out a 10000 seat arena, they did. Its a success, no matter what negatives people want to say about it, this show was a success before anyone even entered the arena.

Now that its gone down, its quite clear from reading around the internet, that many people, who only watch WWE, tuned into this show. There was intrigue and those guys on that show, that a lot of fans had never even heard of, now have a ton of new fans. I cant even count the amount of people, I’ve seen praising Joey Janela. People who admitted to never even hearing his name, now know who he is and are fans. That doesnt just bring eyes to shows he may be involved in, that brings him more merch money. As it does many others.

Consider the media landscape and rights fees and streaming services. It is not far fetched to imagine a situation where the group is being paid by an ESPN+ or amazon to do weekly BTE type shows and build to big All In like shows.

ESPN attempted a partnership with barstool sports to get in with that fan base, it’s not crazy to think a group would similarly pick up BTE in a similarly way to bring 200k eyeballs weekly or digitally. If you study the media and entertainment landscape it’s clearly viable.

ESPN wanted WWE content but couldn’t make the time slots and weekly commitment work - I’d bet they’d gladly take something like All In a few times a year even if I’m their streaming service. Plus, I don’t know how much people realize but Friday’s and Cracker Barrel’s and Hot Topic aren’t small brands. They are nationwide corporations and are very interested in being part of this - if you listen to the Talk is Jericho you’d hear that come across. There is viable money to be made with this format. WWE money - no, but we need to stop thinking of this as WWE competition and as an alternative and a viable one at that. real dollars are out there and real interest is out there. Like the music festival model. Not everything is Coachella but so many festivals exist with the hit a few markets, and come back when there is more demand with new acts and promotion.

I actually have been thinking this could diminish value of ROH and Impact in the sense that alone they cannot pull this off but with collaboration they all benefit and they can all get a slice of the pie. Let’s see what the buy rates are for this - maybe it flopped from a buys standpoint, too early to know I guess. I think the talk of next steps is just knee jerk reaction and this age of immediate takes and reaction. The full impact of this won’t be known for time and til data is fully collected. But to downplay real sponsorship or media partnership money out there is naïve at the moment. Remember, Takeover works with 5 big shows a year and it doesn’t do great numbers on the Network. BTE is doing between 150-200k views an ep. there are networks and services that would absolutely love that + digital impressions (Barstool on ESPN is the best comp I can make)

As I said on the BTE review I did with the guys - when it comes down to the big question: can these guys can make enough doing these business ventures to offset not taking a WWE downside I think that’s when we’ll see the real business side of this come to light. Nike sending Matt and Nick gear to wear on a YouTube show is real. We live in a world where there are career instagramers making 6figures or more. When ppl can grab the attention of a niche audience (like this core group has) and that audience is willing to spend (like the wrestling fan this was designed for does) business is there for the taking. I hope they don’t dilute what made this weekend special and I’m curious to see where Starrcast goes from
here as much as anything. It’s all fascinating and there is nothing wrong with speculating and discussing possibilities.

1 Like

How does Tommy Dreamer get to be in everything? No one has ever wanted to see Tommy Dreamer yet he crowbars himself into everything and will never go away. Dude is the cockroach of wrestling.