An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

Also i think the Rainmaker is one of the worst finishers in wrestling. The V-Trigger is also a move i think is silly but at least Omega has a cool finisher to compensate.

Jericho’s style of promo where he talks like a typical 80s rocker makes him come across as a knobhead.

Jericho’s entire New Japan run has been nothing but smoke and mirrors…lights out Undertaker/Sabu run ins, swearing in promos, blood…all smoke and mirrors.

3 Likes

Jericho has always been super corny and I have never taken anything in wrestling he has done seriously. Especially now that he has a podcast and right after he does something he goes on TIJ gives you all the details behind it without kayfabe.

For all his fault, jericho as always be a ballsy performer that always tries to reinvent himself. he a performer first and a wrestler second and that’s why he was successful in the wrestling business.

1 Like

LOL kayfabe…we spend most of our times discussing storylines and contracts…expecting the performers to stay in character is silly as fuck.

1 Like

Yeah, I so miss kay fabe. She made wrestling more enjoyable to watch. Hoping that edge & christian resolve the mystery and bring her back.

3 Likes

Carmella’s face injections have rendered her to look like a lazy eyed duck…company has to step in and stop lip injections, eyelifts and cheek shaving…it doesn’t help…it just makes people look like they had some shit done to their face.

I kind of enjoyed Aces and Eights in TNA. Not the storyline but the actual group. I was a big Sons of Anarchy fan and thought that look translated to wrestling well. Plus main event heel Bully Ray was awesome.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Liv Morgan. Shes incredibly charismatic in my opinion and she takes bumps really well. That table spot at th last PPV was excellent.

I kind of miss Okada’s longboys already. I mean, I popped for the reveal like everyone else, but I thought the pants were really cool and distinct.

Mr Wonderful’s WCW theme from 94 was a bop.

Is that… good?

2 Likes

My favorite wrestler is John Cena!

1 Like

The “WHAT” chant is not a bad thing. Any interaction is good. I believe wrestlers can/should use it to their advantage. .

Ricochet’s wrestling is borderline cringeworthy. Especially the pose spot where he genuinely tries to be intense. And let’s not start with his promos…

2 Likes

Paul Heyman is overrated on the mic and a bit of a one-tricky pony. He constantly cuts the same promo over and over again, screaming “Beast!”, “Conqueror!”, and “BROOOOCK LESNAR!” He couldn’t help get Cesaro, Ryback, or Heidenreich over.

Totally disagree with this. I agree with almost any reaction being good, but this one is just painful. It’s like the fans don’t want to stop living in the past and has to be one of, if not the longest running chant going, other than a boring chant.

2 Likes

I don’t think this quite as controversial a statement as it used to be. While John Cena isn’t my favorite wrestler he is one of the wrestlers I respect the most. His ability to turn the fans around with his promos time and time again is a true talent not many have and his matches greatly improved after 2011 (although admittedly it has taken a step back in his most recent short returns because he has to use a safer style).

We’ve seen how many superstars have been burned out by the WWE machine and instead John Cena is able to survive and thrive in it. Its why his feud with Roman rang so true. That he’s been waiting for his replacement to come and take the crown off him and nobodies been legitimately able to do it.

Now imagine if the heel wrestler responded the way you just did. Instead they continue reciting that script.

2 Likes