An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

That’s kinda my problem with mauro, i feel like he’s too much like a 80’s style commentator and get on your nerve some times. Right now, he’s the reason why i stop watching NXT because i could stand listening to him on a regular bases. If he tone down the over the top 80’s commentator stuff, he might be the best play by play guy they have.

Double or Nothing had the production value of a low end TNA show. Looks very amateurish and cheap

1 Like

For the little bit that i saw, it made me think of TNA against all odds ppv from 2008 as far as production was concern.

Wait, you didn’t see the show? You wrote a novel about what they should be doing different

3 Likes

i saw most of it but not everything.

Are we talking about double or nothing?

A bit or most

People that make a promotion a part of their identity are extremely weird, especially after only one show. :running_man:

Agreed… both to the pro and anti folks. It’s weird. Why do you care which promotion is better? I hope AEW television is better in October than WWE is right now. And I also hope WWE television is better in October than it is right now. And I’ll watch more intently the one that entertains me more. But choosing a team and defending it blindly is stupid, especially when one of those promotions is approximately five minutes old.

4 Likes

You are totally right. I think a lot of it is the Jim cornette effect. When you have a respected guy out there bashing it you can’t help but listen and believe him.

It’s amazing that a lot of podcasts don’t address Cornette and call him out on his comments making it seem like he has a point

Meltzer has an interesting exchange with a fan on Twitter about Corny’s AEW review. It basically boiled down to a disagreement over the concept of “it’s OK to agree with some things somebody says but not other things“. So, basically a summary of most of the Internet.

I think a lot of podcasts don’t think it is worth the time on their show to address someone else’s opinion especially when he was so drastically opposed to several matches that most casts thought were good. I agree with him on the pre-show, but I think he is way off on the rest. On the flip side Meltzer was way too into loving everything. As for partisanship I think a lot of people want to see Vince specifically fail, so that he gives up the reigns.

1 Like

Actually, yes, that’s it exactly. We see the roster that the WWE has, and how badly its been handled. We want to see something good, and maybe the only way for that to happen is if vinny mac steps down. Our Hope’s have been reduced to “please dont screw this up”, and unfortunately, we’re left disappointed.
Then here comes this new promotion. One that is run by people who seem to get it. By Fans like us. So, perhaps we are projecting. Perhaps we’re being optimistic. But, perhaps we’re just tired of saying “please don’t screw this up” with every call up, every angle, every dream match…

2 Likes

What about all the other respected guys out there, who are praising it? Jim Cornette is a known crazy person, if you just choose to listen to his view point and believe that, it feels more like you are ready to feel those same things yourself, other than being open minded.

WWE Raw is my favorite weekly television show

Vince was right about Jon Moxley. I don’t think Moxley will be satisfied in AEW. He’s just going to come up with crazier and crazier ideas till the bookers have to shut him down. Which will lead to Moxley getting frustrated and quiting.

1 Like

I’m curious what makes you think this. In the podcasts that he’s done, none of the ideas that he has mentioned himself having, are remotely crazy at all. Infact, they all made a lot of sense. It was Vince’s ideas that were crazy.

He also didn’t quit the WWE, despite how he has felt about them. So why would he then turn around and quit AEW?

This reeks of just trying to be controversial.

Well the name of the topic is unpopular opinions. Most of the posts in here are pretty ridiculous which is why I don’t spend much time arguing them.

are you serious ?

1 Like

He’s not a known crazy person. Lots of people respect him and his opinions. You won’t hear many people like Meltzer, JR, etc say a bad word about him. Only really big idiots like Russo seem to hate him. So I think a lot of people listen to him and his opinions

I don’t care how much you hate someone, the thought or comment of pissing on someone’s grave, makes you a crazy person. And I have no doubt he actually wants to do it too.