An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

If Adam Cole had managed Bearcat Keith Lee instead of both going to AEW they would each have been better off from a health and push perspective

I’m assuming the logic is because while Vince may have misused them, once he left Hunter would have put them in great spots?

1 Like

Yup exactly that

2 Likes

Before his injury, which could have happened anywhere, Adam Cole’s AEW tenure consisted of multiple main event/world title matches and winning the Owen Hart Cup. Plus he’s in with the Elite, which seems to go well for most guys.

Even if you think Triple H would have booked him well, which I agree with, I don’t know that he would be much better off than that.

1 Like

I get what he’s saying, it’s not that AEW was nessesarily misusing him, it’s that if he stayed he would be on an alternate timeline that since he’s injured right now, would have his right now on a better spot. He’s not technically wrong.

I feel like he may have been less likely to get injured in WWE with the style being less intense

Ethan Page actually kind of sucks and all he has is his mic work. He will never be a legit main event guy.

3 Likes

He’s a tag team guy. Not a singles star IMO

I miss the AEW rankings system. They weren’t perfect. But they were interesting to discuss and provided storylines for wrestlers that climbed the rankings or felt disrespected by their low ranking.

3 Likes

I agree. I think the issue is the rankings probably make booking a nightmare.

1 Like

I like the idea of rankings and records, and I appreciate the effort. But after seeing it in action, I get why it didn’t work.

You can’t build a guy up strong but slowly (Hook, for example) if your own internal logic says that he should get a title shot ASAP because he’s 8-0. Or the converse of that, you bring in a big name like Punk but need him to work months of midcard matches because the rankings say he’s not a main eventer yet.

It’s just not how pro wrestling works.

1 Like

Despite the (mostly deserved) criticism received by the “Raw v. Smackdown” concept for Survivor Series, I think the gimmick with Raw getting a clean sweep of the card could have been awesome if they didn’t give up it and/or have no idea what to do with it.

But instead, they sabotaged themselves right out of the chute by having Smackdown win the preshow match for absolutely no reason, and then quickly moved on to building to the next show and basically forgot the whole thing happened. Glory days.

If I remember, The New Day were not supposed to win the match, but it was a botch that the ref.

AEW should set up a brand split between Dynamite and Rampage.

1 Like

In this scenario, is Rampage 1 hour still or two hours?

1 Like

Eddie Guerrero “tribute spots” need to go away for a long time. So tired

2 Likes

I’d say just get ROH off onto its own two hour show (still pushing for a Saturday night at 6:05pm style show personally) and take 30-40 talents and assign them there separately, and AEW’s three hours of programming is more than enough for their roster.

1 Like

Just the one, their undercard perform on Dark

I think theres room to get ROH away as well and still split the rosters. There is so much talent which isn’t getting a look in and we need 2 spots a week for all the random talent from other companies to come in as well

My take on a “roster split” is that you’re always two steps away (key injuries, departures, booking moves that don’t work) from having a clear ‘A’ and ‘B’ show. And even if you have your world champion on both shows, he’s always going to have a program that is confined to one of them because his opponent is only on one show.

I feel like AEW is more creative than WWE when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I’m still skeptical that it could work for any significant period of time. Plus, they have an audience that would be super judge-y/strict about honoring the brand split, so you’d really have to be thorough/creative (more than just random “wild cards” and/or pretending a split never happened) if you wanted guys to appear on the other show.

3 Likes