An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

I think you are giving AEW fans too much credit. They cheer loudly for scissoring and a guy who climbs a ladder putting his hands in his pants.

Rampage is a dead show right now. I’m surprised it isn’t being considered for cancellation of it doesn’t pick up.

The time slot is death - I doubt anyone watches it consistently enough to justify a separate brand

I think the other other issue is as good of an idea as a brand split may be, some fans see that concept as a tarnished WWE tactic. If AEW did it, I think a lot of fans would shit on it from the start.

I’ve always said, AEW crowds remind me of NXT crowds and Raw after mania crowds. Sometimes they are awesome, other times they come off fake. I’m all three examples, they’re not necessarily “reacting” but instead trying to get themselves and the product over.

You can argue WWE crowds sit on their hands though, so to each their own.

The notion of a brand split also came at a time when audiences had little else to watch in the wake of WCW and ECW shutting down.

For all its faults in booking, AEW is constantly rotating the talent they use every few months. So talent getting too stale or over exposed / or other talent not getting chances, really doesn’t strike me as something that’s very true.

Obviously, Miro is one glaring example of somebody not being featured for whatever reason. But the mix seems pretty solid from week to week / year to year. I’m just not sure a splitting of the roster would change things. I do think the already existing of ROH would more or less solve this issue.

1 Like

That’s another thing.
During the pandemic (not that we’re not in one currently) but during the shutdowns, options were limited for entertainment on a Friday night - hence watching TV made sense and Rampage ratings were solid. Now that there is real world competition for attention, specially in a younger audience, sitting at home watching Rampage isn’t the hot thing to do for most.

Shifting half your roster to a show (even if it became two hours) from Friday at 10 until Midnight, probably won’t change much.

2 Likes

Also… ROH show announcement incoming?

Remember when juice robinson wrestled that match on dynamite and then was never seen again

Hahaha. I think it’s more that he’s positioning it as possible that him winning the title would take that championship off of AEW TV until a separate ROH show was starting.

But no, Juice certainly hasn’t been a commodity in AEW.

If the new day lose tonight you really have to start questioning their legacy and place in history as a successful tag team.

I’d rather they lose and put over a young team than win and go on to waste their time in NXT.

EDIT: Welp…

Not sure how off this one is but I haven’t heard his name come up all that often with this, but my Wrestler of the Year this year is absolutely Mike Bailey! I’m sure it doesn’t sound that crazy, but still

The right version of a Wrestling YouTube show has not yet been created and most Wrestling companies would have a better chance at growth on YT than mid tier streaming.

5 Likes

Completely agree. I think MLW was pretty close pre-pandemic.

Jeff Jarrett right now, is the best and most interesting he has ever been and him and Jay Lethal should win the AEW Tag Titles.

2 Likes

I never thought of this match before watching Rampage right now, but I would really like to see a Chris Jericho vs Jeff Jarrett feud. I dont remember them ever having a match together.

2 Likes

Here you go…and you get Tony on commentary as well.

4 Likes

One last match

David flair and Charlotte vs cody and brandi rhodes

1 Like

Can we just do Charlotte vs. Cody?

1 Like

Last match for David?

Haha. Yeah. One last david flair match

2 Likes