Arrowverse on The CW thread

Tonight is the final episode of the show that paved the way for it all.

GET THE TISSUES, Ladies and Gents!

Unlike the tagline used for Trips and Taker’s “End of an Era.” this one is the end.

Who would have guessed 8 years ago what kind of a universe would come out of it.

1 Like

One show, creating a whole list of amazing spin-offs. Greg Berlanti, you are the man!

Gotta say, I enjoyed the episode and thought it was a fitting finale.

@PodFatherSOH figured you were just as stoked as me when that green light came out of that box just before the final scene.

1 Like

Great episode. Loved seeing everyone back and seeing who came back to life.

The Diggle/Green Lantern stuff was awesome and I can’t wait to see where that goes. This Crisis has totally refreshed every show. They could spend years making big reveals.

1 Like

Solid finale!

For all of it’s ups & downs, you have to give “Arrow” it’s props for starting a universe that has produced some of the best DC Comics-related content over the past 8 years!

And the John Stewart Diggle tease was fantastic…I could see him & Lyla being semi-regular characters on the new Superman show.

IMG_20200129_023805_035

:100:

1 Like

I was hearing they are working on a Green Lantern series for HBO MAX so this may have been the setup for it.

It’s possible. Now that we’re in a Post-Crisis world where Ezra can do a cameo on the CW & the suits don’t mind, I could see that happening.

My theory is that Diggle will get a few guest shots on the HBO show, before coming back to the CW to be a semi-regular on Superman & Lois, since they can get into him & Lyla and the kids in a way that the GL series probably doesn’t want to. But either way, the possibilities are exciting! :100:

Wow, they wasted the last two seasons of Arrow for nothing. Black Lightning and Supergirl are ending, Batwoman is now recasted which is HOT GARBAGE. Jeez, The CW verse is really falling apart.

@PodFatherSOH @Rated_R_Poster

2 Likes

I fear there won’t be much left. I dont know how much longer Legends or Batwoman will last. I have no interest in the Black Lightning spin off. There’s only really The Flash and Superman & Lois and I’m not sure how long I see them lasting either. Its sad, because it was such an amazing build to Crisis.

Last season’s Crisis felt like a natural culmination and end point for many of these shows though. They can’t do anything bigger plot wise. And due to the pandemic there won’t be a crossover at all this season. The CW shows lasted much longer and were overall much better than anyone could have imagined. I’m fine with them wrapping up and starting fresh and giving some of the properties a break.

I don’t think they wasted two seasons of Arrow. The flash-forwards to the future in the past two seasons were a lot of times more interesting than what was happening in the present. Just because it didn’t lead to another spin-off doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun and successful within Arrow.

I haven’t watched the new Batwoman yet but Ruby Rose was definitely the weakest of the lead actors/actresses of any of the series. I don’t mind trying to give someone else a chance as Batwoman. As you said, I don’t see the show lasting long either.

The first trailer for Superman & Lois was released recently.

Any thoughts?

I was not looking forward to this show, at all. But this teaser literally blew my mind. The cinematography looks so good. It’s giving me Man Of Steel vibes. All CW shows should look like this. Especially the Flash. A CW series that doesn’t look like a CW series. I hope that includes the plot and the screenplay.

No lie. The trailer has the feel of what Superman should be. A God amongst mortals trying to do and be the best representation of what good really is, when at times the World hate tries to test him (constantly).

Again to echo the above post. I hope the writing is much better than the shows predecessors.

Not sure about the “teens” though?

This looks fantastic. I was looking forward to it already, even moreso now.

“Black Lightning” - Final Season Trsiler

It’s way too short, but the cast is so good.

:zap::100:

This comment kind of surprised me. I actually thought the trailer looked a lot like a CW series. Parents lying to teenagers, darker filters, grey skies, minimal CGI. It looks exactly like Riverdale or earlier seasons of Arrow.

Which is not what I was expecting. Tyler Hochelin’s portrayal of Superman was spot on in every appearance in Supergirl. I was expecting something… brighter. More in line with Supergirl or Flash.

But I’m looking forward to the direction the series is taking. It looks like they are leaning heavily on the fantastic storylines by Dan Jurgens in his Lois & Clark series and Superman Rebirth.

Not that type of cinematography we’ve seen a lot of from The CW shows. The 4K dramatic camera style that is normally used in feature length films.

Anyone else watch the premier of Superman and Lois? Thoughts?

My spoiler free review is that it was absolutely terrific.

It was a mixed bag for me.

It was shot extremely well, but I could do w/o the muted tones of the show…Felt too much like the DCEU.

Everything involving the titular characters was great, but I had zero connection to the kids. One of them was likeable, but felt like a cliche, the other one was sympathetic but also kind of annoying.

I do think Tyler’s Superman is underrated, and Black Lex Lithor could be interesting…Depending on the writing team’s level of nuance.

A solid debut, and better than a lot of the CW Cape shows…But I still prefer Flash, Stargirl, & Black Lightning. 7/10.

:100:

2 Likes