ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Was “Ian” an Anthem plant? (He was a regular caller towards the end of The LAW’s run, constantly trying justify Impact segments and generate positive Impact discussion. Given the speculation towards why the show was axed, I feel like his recurring calls were a possible attempt to satisfy Anthem while maintaining the credibility of the hosts.)

What are your thoughts on Agnew’s new show?

1 Like

What is your favorite movie, television show, musician, and actor? For me it’s Logan, Breaking Bad, Eminem, and Paul Rudd. I know John loves these types of questions:)

You guys have mentioned in the past you are fans of Married With Children, just out of curiousity, what are your top 3 fav episodes off the top of your head

Also Pollock since you are a 90210 fan do you think Dylans heel run in 94-95 season, when he found out Brandon and Kelly were dating, too short lived, or do you think he was always kind of a heel but bordering on tweener level for most of the show?

Thanks In advance

2 Likes

You guys have mentioned that you’ve heard from many people that they’re quitting the main roster product. I’ve joined that group, but still loving getting the full rundown from you guys.
I started wondering… do you guys ever get concerned that wwe becomes so bad that people quit all the wrestling things in their lives including your podcast?

But also I was thinking if the show was too good, the reviews might not be as entertaining because you guys at your best taking steaming dumps on horrible segments. Thoughts?

Keep being beasts. Thanks.

John, what are your top 3 Aqua songs?

2 Likes

I just came across this ad on the Rogers website for Bare Knuckle FC: The Beginning LIVE Saturday, June 2, 2018 in Cheyenne, WY,

“Welcome to a new era in combat sports. June 2, 2018 will mark the first time in modern day history that a Bare Knuckle Fighting event will be legal and sanctioned by a state commission in the United States. The last legal/sanctioned Bare Knuckle Boxing event was held in 1889. “The combat sport world is always looking for something new and exciting, well it doesn’t get more real than this, a bare fist hitting a face makes a sound that will keep you on the edge of your seat all night long”.”

How much do the gloves UFC fighters wear protect them or their opponent? What are your thoughts about bare knuckle fighting?

Hey guys, 2 unsolved WWE mysteries for you guys that maybe you can help out with…

1. at No Way Out 2003 Edge was laid out to explain away his injury but when he returned this was never mentioned or followed up on, any idea who that was supposed to be?

2. Similarly at the King of The Ring 1999 the ladder match power of the WWE between Shane & Vince vs. Steve Austin ended with the briefcase mysteriously rising but I don’t believe they ever explained who was behind that, any idea?

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Who took the stunner the worst, Linda McMahon or Trump?

I just became a subscriber to the Wrestling Observer and it’s definitely worth my time and money. I want to ask you guys what other newsletters would you guys recommend for me to check out. Do you also recommend Wade Keller’s Pro Wrestling Torch? Also, if you guys were stuck in the WWE video library for an entire 24 hours and could watch any tapes from any of the classic territories, which would you guys pick?

1 Like

Who attacked Hideo Itami in the NXT parking lot?

2 Likes

Is there anything you’d love to review if you had the time to do so? And if you were a wrestler what would your theme song be?

1 Like

My favorite reviews thus far in the Post wrestling cafe are the documentary and movie reviews. In my opinion there is a distinct correlation with wrestling fans and comic book fans. With that being said when are we going to get a bi weekly or even monthly show of review a Marvel? My suggestion is you do reviews chronologically to the story in a whole. It would be great to hear a summary for someone like me who enjoyed the individual movies but got lost in the overall plot of the avengers. I think it would be a fantastic addition to the cafe

What are your thoughts on the Barstool Sports super amateur fighting ppvs they’ve been having, that Bill Burr is calling. Have you watched any of it? Personally I think it’s exploitive and disgusting, much like barstool Sports, but I’d like your guys opinion on it.

Jesse from the 6

Wai, if I recall correctly, you were at the Wintergarden Theatre for Ali Wong’s recording of “Hard Knock Wife”. Have you seen the Netflix special yet?

If so, how similar was the Netflix show to the live performance? In the Netflix special she makes no reference to being in Toronto, but does make references to LA which she then has to explain. Furthermore, she bizarrely makes no reference to her being once again VERY pregnant, which I thought funny. Were these things she mentioned live?

Take Care

Matt from Tennessee

Which wrestlers from the current WWE roster do you think will be released by the end of the year or pull a Neville and get fed up and leave? I can imagine Hideo leaving, guy is seriously being wasted.

Mark from Adelaide, Australia

Wai, thank you for recommending Terrace House. My girlfriend and I are obsessed. Currently watching Boys & Girls Next Door on Japanese Nextflix.

What are some of your favourite characters/moments from the series? The situation with Daiki and his kickboxing career really struck a chord with me as a wrestling fan.

Cheers!

1 Like

Valentin from Cologne, Germany

By taking on all sorts of beloved Babyfaces like AJ Styles, Undertaker and Daniel Bryan over the last few months, I have the feeling that WWE is actively trying to stop the cheers for Rusev, because they don’t want another hot fan favorite that they did not pick for this role.
What is your take on that and what do you think is his further path for 2018?

Imran from Huddersfield

As far as I’m aware you guys have never reviewed Wrestlemania 6, both at POST or your previous incarnation… So I have 2 quick questions about that event.

1. What was the deal with Roddy Piper’s half black body paint (wasn’t it a bit racist?)… and

2. What are your thoughts on the Main Event - is it a great match or did the crowd make it one - and also what do you think about Hogan’ saying he went “Into business for himself” at the end in trying to get himself over in defeat, as he knew Warrior wouldn’t last as the top guy.

Chris from Melbourne, Australia.

So I’ve now herd on a few podcast you both discuss about watching DragonBall Super. I’ve recently been going back and re-watching from the beginning on Dragon Ball.

So my questions are 1. How long have you both been watching Dragon Ball for, & 2. are their any other Anime or Manga that you enjoy?