ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Mark from Vaughan

How hard do you think WWE will be pursuing the Elite when their deals expire at the end of this year (and January for Kenny)? In Omega’s Observer interview, it sounded like he’s intrigued by the new president’s global vision. With their move into the U.S. and All In selling out, the Elite’s leverage is at an all-time high. I can’t see WWE green lighting the promotion of Omega with E3 and the Network hidden gems without a motive. It’s just hard to identify enough reasons why the Bucks would give up all this private merch money, creative freedom and personal convenience without WWE paying them a ton and totally messing up their existing salary structure.

Who are some of your favorite comedians past or present
And Wai what are some of your favorite hip hop albums in the last decade or so, Pollock could give us his too, but I don’t know how often he listens to it, but when he does talk about it, Im impressed that he has decent understanding of it

Matt from Tennessee

I just got done listening to your Smackdown episode and John was talking about the Nitro’s they used to do outside and I’ve always wondered something, what would they do if it rained? Let’s say the next time there is an outside Wrestlemania and it piss pours rain the whole time, would they just keep going or what? Always wondered this

Will from Chicago

1. John, who are some of your journalistic influences? What traits of theirs do you try to emulate? (Doesn’t necessarily have to be wrestling/MMA-affiliated)

2. In the spirit of WH Park, who has the best/worst costumes or outfits in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Last month on this show, it was my question that lead to John’s epic rant about being asked certain questions (sorry about that. But it made me laugh so much I was getting funny looks off the people around me) That being said are there any times during interviews where you’ve also wished you hadn’t asked something.
Also I did ask another question that got missed due to the music one which was if you could have the time to review something that you currently don’t, what would it be?
Thanks for all the high quality content, you guys are my go to for wrestling news

Having recently the YouTube video titled ‘Fighters Getting Angry at Ariel Helwani’, do you feel that interviewers such as Ariel are often antagonistic on purpose to get the answers they want, or they just do it for the hell of it to get a reaction? Or, are they just brave enough to ask the questions no one else will?

What are the short-term and long-term plans for POST Wrestling? Additionally, are you guys open to having other smaller podcasters have podcasts in the POST network if they fill a specific gap?

Just listening to Ask A Wai, in response to your question - On the WWE Network one of the “Something Else to Wrestle With” shows covers Piper. Conrad asks Bruce about this idea and why Piper did it, it’s a really good listen this episode and of course has some great video footage. Bruce confirms that Piper couldn’t get the paint off and why.

1 Like

Do you see hope that people like Finn Balor, Sami Zayn and The Revival will reach their potential in the WWE?

If you dont think they have already or will in the future what is the problem?

I personally think WWE could tick everyone’s boxes by making Raw family friendly fun with characters that younger audiences can love and Smackdown could become the ‘wreslting’ show…whys it not that simple?

When the law became no more did you guys ever think of moving on to something else?

Jesse from Tulsa

I’m a huge Tommaso Ciampa fan. The guy is just so good at being a heel. My opinion is hes the best heel in the business. He doesn’t have to say anything. Just him waving and his facial expressions gets heat from the crowd and there’s not a lot of guys in the business right now that can get that kind of heat. I recently read that he has turned down offers from the WWE to come up with merchandise for him because he doesn’t want people wearing his t-shirts because he’s a heel. My question for you guys is, do you believe an old-school heel like Ciampa can make it on the main roster or do you think the era of that kind of heel is gone? Every heel I think of on the main roster all play the same character, the cowardly heel who cheats to win. I worry about what will happen when Ciampa makes it to the main roster

1 Like

Chris from Virginia

With the popularity of both companies growing, have you guys considered starting a weekly ROH and New Japan podcast?

1 Like

Terry from Colorado.

If you guys had to stop doing one of the shows which one would it be and why?

Imran from Huddersfield

Where do you think Edge ranks in terms of post-2000 WWE Stars. Is he one of the best or just below? And what did you like most and least about him as a performer?

Wai, please review the last Lego set you purchased.

1 Like

Book the main events of the following in 2019 and then forecast down the road to 2022.

Main event of Wrestlemania, Wrestle Kingdom, Final Battle.

Keep up the great work boys!

I wanted to ask why you avoided questions on the last Ask a Wai? Mine was a straight forward question that got ignored and someone else asked about your relationship with Sunday Night Main Event which I was intrigued to know the answer to

Disappointed they ignored this. I wanted to know the answer. I’ve asked for the next one why ignored it

Question for John - Aqua, are you taking the piss?

Question for John, will Pollocktics ever return? I have watched them on YouTube and they are terrific.