ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

John, Wai, describe yourselves in one word. :wink:

1 Like

Curious if either of you two watch Lucha Underground, and have any thoughts on the current product. How do you feel about the concept/wrestling?

We had some issues during recording and ended up answering a number of questions that were already answered last month. I mustā€™ve accidentally edited yours and the Husker Du answer out of the waveform. Hereā€™s the edited audio: https://instaud.io/2ooP. That said, sometimes questions are asked that weā€™ll pass on if we donā€™t feel comfortable answering them at this moment. Hope you understand.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always wondered this about New Japan and wondering if you guys have any insight on thisā€¦ in New Japan, Callis has stated that he doesnā€™t get a ton of direction for commentating, and he was a large part in crafting the story of Omega vs Okada. I always wondered if the Japanese commentators were on the same page or if they had an entirely different story they were telling. For Omega/Okada, the english story of Kenny going up against the worldā€™s best, ultimately getting the better of him and winning, and with Okada perhaps the story of the worldā€™s best have his title slowly slip away from him?

Or am I thinking way too much about this?

A little game of Likely/Unlikely for you guysā€¦

In the next 10 years, WWE/NJPW have a crossover event?

One or both of Okada & Naito will join WWE before they retire?

By 2025, WWE owns Impact Wrestling?

Velveteen Dream will win the WWE Championship?

Owen Hart will be in the WWE Hall of Fame in the next 5 years?

An MCU film will win Best Picture at the Oscars by 2025?

Either X-Men or Fantastic 4 characters will team up with The Avengers by 2025?

1 Like

Will from Toronto here

I recall you saying that you worked in a movie theatre. I currently manage at one and deal with some crazy guests. Everything from being punched and spat on to finding people flat out doing it in a theatre, so my question for you is what is the craziest thing you had to deal with in a movie theatre.

I would like to know whether you think that the NWO was a premediated attempt by Bischoff to move to a more ā€œrealisticā€ approach to storylines? If so, I wonder if you knew how that came about considering the cartoonish stuff of the Dungeon of Doom and that chamber monstrosity were not that much before? Or was the NWO (and ratings into the stratosphere) something he stumbled onto and then ran with?

By the time you answer this the World Cup will be over and John Pollockā€™s pick - England - will be basking in the glory of lifting the famous trophy!

But sport keeps moving forward and in 8 short years the World Cup will be coming to Canadian shores, together with Mexico and the US.

Toronto is a candidate host city. Do you guys have any interest in attendingā€¦ or interest in general?

2 Likes

Chris from the Jersey Shore.

What were you guys thoughts on Mr. Kennedy looking back. Heā€™s a really interesting figure to me because when the Cena era started to takeover back then, my interest in most of the current guys at the time was waning but he was a breath of fresh air. He was super over with this routine, seemed like he was a future star, even won the MITB briefcase. A misdiagnosed injury led him to drop the briefcase, and then a wellness failure lead them to cancel the Illegitimate son storyline that was designed for him. He was one of the rare cases of a guy leaving WWE, and there not even being a rumbling of his return or fan interest in one over the last 10 years. One of the better ā€œwhat could have beensā€ in recent memory.

For years it was sting, but now, who do you consider to be the biggest star, never to have had a run in the wwe/wwf?

Thoughts on having Hiromu Takahashi and KUSHIDA in the G1 next year?

Hey guys, David from Israel here. Thanks as always for providing us with such great consistent content.
My question is: In the past Wai has talked about a period where he burned out on wrestling and stopped watching. You guys watch a tremendous amount of pro wrestling every week and cover it as your job, do you ever feel burned out on wrestling? If you ever were to burn out how would you manage that situation while having Post Wrestling?

You guys have mentioned that you like Weezer (Wai has, at least). Did you consider having the ā€œIā€™M WAAAITINGā€ from the El Scorcho chorus in the Rewind-A-Wai opening?

Time to throw you guys and the listeners Wai off the rails here.

Iā€™m a podcaster myself and I realized that I use the exact same microphone that you guys do, however I canā€™t quite reach your guysā€™ level of quality and ambient noise reduction with my POST-processing. So I was curious, what programs do you guys use to perfect your sound?

Tyler from Orlando,

Hey guys, proud patreon of Post Wrestling here! My question for you 2 is do you remember what your 1st impressions of each other were when you first met? Do you remember your 1st couple interactions?

What is one show/movie that you guys have been told to watch the most that you have not seen and dont have interest in seeing because of it being hammered home that you need to constantly watch it?

Side question if Im allowed 2 questions, Pollock are you going to watch the spin off of Sons of Anarchy with the Mayans?

I loved your review of GLOW season 2. You guys mentioned it was nice to review something associated with wrestling instead of actual wrestling. Any chance you would review Ready to Rumble? I loved that movie!

Craig from Katy, TX (hometown of ā€œSuperā€ Sage Northcutt!)

With the impending success of All-In and New Japanā€™s push into the US, do you believe WWE will make more of a push to crush their competition in 2019? The massive money from the new TV deals would allow Vince to throw huge amounts of cash at indie stars in an effort to cripple the promotions that rely on those wrestler; do you think heā€™ll make those moves or leave well enough alone?

If you guys didnā€™t have to would you watch RAW and Smackdown every week? I havenā€™t seen one in over 10 years and just catch highlights if reviews say itā€™s worthwhile. Iā€™ll also just fast forward through most WWE PPVs but watch the entire G1 without touching my remote.

Wonder if you guys would do same if you could ?

Do you know much about the Canadian comedian Katherine Ryan? Sheā€™s fairly famous in the UK and in a recent interview on Ricky gervais Sirius show she mentioned she attended Ryerson.