Being the Elite thread... (Spoiler Warning)

Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see Okada vs Pentagon. Or Omega vs Pentagon. But with Fenix also on this show, I think Pentagon is bound for a tag match.

1 Like

Although they’re great matches, I hope to see the Bucks challenge a team, other than Penta/Felix. The Bucks have already faced them at PWG 2 or 3 times. Always great matches. Ibushi vs Mysterio would be awesome.

1 Like

Marked out to see POST Wrestling is All In!!!

2 Likes

I encourage fans to open and view this thread. Matt responds a few times in it.

Damn. ROH booked Flip Gordon vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World Title. We’re probably going to get a Cody vs Flip match at All-In.

3 Likes

@Kahiliaulani I recalled posting this in the All In Tickets thread…color me excited

I get animated and passionate about this idea that Cody/Bucks/BTE and so many affiliated with All In are interested in telling real comprehensive wrestling stories. Spin this out a bit more:

IF Flip wins the NWA title Cody has to either book him or give up his title shot - after just losing two consecutive title matches in a row (the King has fallen so far from his ROH 2017 high point) will he really give up one more shot just to spite Flip? Brandi has already been woven into the picture for months. What if Flip loses? Is the newly turned Cody going to give Flip a shot after-all?
This is a story that can be traced back weeks/months and has a destination.

It’s these kind of things that make me so passionate about BTE and the Easter eggs being dropped everywhere by the group. It’s wrestling evolved. The in ring is incredible and backed by just as good nuanced story telling.

2 Likes

I thought Flip winning the NWA title is what would happen too. I actually think that maybe Aldis will keep the title and then maybe do a beatdown on Flip and maybe Cody comes to his rescue and he gets booked for All In. I’m a lot more interested in a Cody/Aldis match, with Cody being a face, than I was with a heel vs heel match.(I’m assuming Aldis is a heel)

2 Likes

Being the Elite 110: Family Dinner

• back in Jericho’s room Jericho makes a WWE crack about not being able to put Marty on the list because it’s a WWE trademark. When Marty leaves he then says Marty just made the list. Tremendous.
  • Kenny wearing a Bullet Club polo. If anyone can get this for me or tell me where to buy it I will wear it proudly at all future golf tournaments!
  • Kazarian calls George Mason a jobber which got a cheap laugh here
  • the Bucks asking Kenny not to kill Cody when Cody took that botched table spot and looked knocked completely out…also, cool they film this mintues before going out live. They treat it just like a backstage promo but it’s story. (Crowd sounds loud wherever they are)
  • terrific unintentional comedy at the end: Kenny giving Cody a chicken nugget. Cody blurting right out to break silence. And what the hell is Haku’s problem? :joy:
4 Likes

To me the Bucks and Kenny asking about the secret to a 5 star + match had me smirking and laughing.

2 Likes

What did the Bucks Lovers match get? Only 5?

I was also waiting for them to pan to Okada

Yeah it did, I just love how they’re asking Kenny how they can get higher ratings.

Also watching it again, I love Kenny’s facials and body language, it was hilarious.

1 Like

That part at the end where they were just chillin, eating fast food, after they all got laid out, was hilarious.

2 Likes

This was one of my favourite episodes from recent memory. Some great comedy and some really terrific storyline progression. I did a write up of this episode if anyone would like to check it out? Not sure if we’re allowed to post our own stuff or not? Here it is anyway - https://www.goingoverwrestling.com/single-post/2018/07/10/New-BTE-Episode-110-Fallout-from-NJPW’s-G1-Special-in-San-Fransisco

2 Likes

The Haku part is absolutely hilarious.

1 Like

Where was this posted?

1 Like

Thanks to @EVIL for posting this. Adding it here as well:
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/07/11/wwe-njpw-news-tama-tonga-bullet-club-interview

1 Like

Guerillas of Destiny have had a YouTube channel for a while.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I hope it becomes like BTE

I like the name of the Firing Squad and this has to be a vehicle for Tama Tonga. Loa and Fale don’t do much for me, Fale especially feels like he’s just there. It’s the same with Chase Owens, they feel like bodies to add numbers but New Japan do get behind Fale more often than Owens. Anyways, I feel like Tama is going to have a strong G1 and will end up beating Omega in it so that a title match is made.

I think we are going to get a heavy push for Fale, maybe even more than Tama. His Dojo in Aus (or NZ?) and his ability to help that market grow I would suspect a big match for him down under at some point with Kenny.