Best of and Worst of categories for 2022

Oh, ya I could easily see that. If memory serves me right, he’s held the IC title for the second most days in history (not in a row, but if you count all his reigns). I’m sure that is a story they end up telling once Gunther moves up to the next level and beats Honkeys run.

1 Like

Ospreay vs Okada the G1 Final is also a MOTY contender. That was one hell of a match.

1 Like

I love seeing all the well deserved hate for the mens rumble. What a pointless waste of time full of things that lead to nothing.

• Kevin Owens being eliminated by Shane McMahon :joy:

• Shane and Bad bunny being in the final four

• Kofi botching his jump and lasting 21 seconds

• Big E lasting like five minutes

• Lesnar drawing #30 after already having a match and winning the whole thing in two minutes

• Zero debuts or surprises other than Shane, Bunny and Johnny Knoxville. Bunny also eliminated Ziggler and Sheamus - lead to nothing.

The worst rumble ever by far.

3 Likes

It was bad. There have been other bad ones too

-Big John Studd winning
-when Daniel Bryan was eliminated and Batista won
-Vince and Austin where Vince won

At least the other ones had interesting moments. The 2022 was so incredibly boring and had basically zero storyline implications.

The Vince one at least told a story and was entertaining in the moment. 2014 you had least built Reigns a bit. The studd one wasn’t an actual PPV.

Just 2022 was so flat. I’m usually all in for Rumble to Mania but after that show I was out. Horrendous

We can NOW officially say Happy New Year!

2 Likes
  1. BEST WRESTLER (Female)

Bianca Belair

1. BEST TAG TEAM

FTR

1. BEST WRESTLER (Male)

Will Ospreay (putting an end to a three year streak of Eric WOTY’s for Shingo Takagi).

1. BEST FEUD

CM Punk versus MJF

1. WORST FEUD

Bray Wyatt versus himself or Uncle Howdy or whatever the fuck.

1. BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc)

Didn’t watch/read/listen to enough to say.

1. MOST IMPROVED

Taichi

1. BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell)

Ronda Rousey

1. BEST ON THE MIC

Eddie Kingston

1. WORST ON THE MIC

Ronda Rousey

1. BEST CHARACTER

Sami Zayn

1. WORST CHARACTER

Bray Wyatt

1. BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW

AEW Dynamite

1. BEST PPV

AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door

1. WORST PPV

WWE Royal Rumble

1. BEST PROMOTION

JTO just for the TakaTaichi shows (RIP)

1. WORST PROMOTION

NWA

1. MATCH OF THE YEAR

Will Ospreay versus Kazuchika Okada (Wrestle Kingdom 16, Night 2)

1. WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR

Men’s Royal Rumble

1. BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR

The Vince McMahon allegations/investigation/ departure from day to day operations/creative in the WWE.

I don’t think he should “win” either, but is it possible that Wardlow is in the conversation for both Most Improved and Biggest Setback?

He was a ready made main eventer after flattening MJF in the beginning on the year, then had a TNT Title run of squashes and afterthought tags and trios matches.

I think he’ll be fine, but if we’re looking at just 2022, he’s had a weird one.

1 Like

Honesty great point - he could win both.

You could also argue that the best promotion is WWE bc Smackdown is so good and it’s also the worst bc RAW and NXT can both be so bad (albeit NXT is much better now)

To be fair, it’s all pretty arbitrary when January 1 isn’t a natural start/stop point for any major company. But it’s what people and organizations do, it’s good content and good fun.

I got hyped and rejoined the WWE network just to watch and couldn’t have been more disappointed.
I’ll sign up again this year but don’t have high hopes…hopefully they’ll surprise me

Should really add a category for best and worst ring gear.

Up there for worst is alexa bliss and tom lawlor

Don’t encourage WH Park.

1 Like

Damien priest is pretty awful

Dakota Kai and her chaps are brutal.