'Blocking' members

Lol

You’re not at all chill or laid back.

And I take it as a compliment that you don’t like me.

And how exactly, sitting behind a computer screen, somewhere else in the world, do you know that I’m not laid back or chill? Do you have a camera on me? Are you watching me? I think the person I’m on the phone with thinks I’m pretty chill. I think they’d know better than you would.

There is a great discussion re: blocking/muting in Discourse here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-block-mute-ignore-another-user/6001

I understand why people would want this feature, but I also get why they don’t have it implemented. If users are abusive, boot them. The gray area is where I think we are at, where people are “annoying”, harder to ban people for that.

If people want to simply “hide” certain users, I might be able to whip up a quick Grease Monkey script that will hide posts for certain user ids.

3 Likes

Yup. Not chill.

Person on the phone? Lol

Your posts in this thread are the exact opposite of laid back. Just embrace it.

That’s the boat I’m in. I have no interest in saying who should be banned. I just want the ability to filter the discussion.

You are so weak, its unbelievable.

Go ahead and insult me. Doesn’t matter.

So chill. Lol

Just an observation man, not an insult. I just saw a few words on a computer screen and came up with that observation. You arent the only one who can see a few words on a screen and do that.

I don’t believe you are a troll, however you are very self indulgent. If you don’t care about a subject matter, don’t comment.

The circumstances I can think of where I’ve engaged negatively with you were when you said you didn’t care that the wwe went to Saudi Arabia, and this post where you don’t care if there’s a block feature.

In other posts, I enjoy engaging with you, but I think sometimes you post to try and get a reaction.

2 Likes

I have evidence. You are just grasping at straws.

This is a waste of everyone’s time tho. You can get the last word and call me a name or whatever but we should probably stop ruining the thread.

You can pm me if you still need to fight.

I can honestly say, the only time on this forum, I’ve ever posted to get a reaction, was in the Wrestlemania thread, when I was baiting people saying Styles/Nakamura sucked and Roman was going to have a better match. I can admit when I do something wrong.

I have done that on other forums I’ve visited, but I choose not to do it here, because I respect John & Wai and dont want to bring that here. If I give my opinion on something, whether its this issue or the Saudi issue, its because this is a discussion forum and I’m entitled to give my opinion, whether it is universally agreed upon or panned.

This is exactly why blocking and muting is troublesome.

1 Like

It’s about being self-analytical here, you do not know who you’re speaking too.

So, as much as your opinion is, you don’t care about the human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia, because it’s not relevant to you. You don’t know, who on this forum has dealt with such circumstances. If you don’t care, don’t comment.

1 Like

I do understand your point. You might just have an echo chamber if everyone is blocking those they disagree with.

I don’t think that would be the case here (I could be wrong).

But I’m also not sure that’s even a bad thing. At the end of the day, this is just a wrestling forum that is supposed to be fun. We’re not the supreme court. Getting every perspective on a topic just isn’t needed (when some are so toxic).

You are absolutely right, I dont know who has dealt with what, but how is that my problem? This is an open discussion forum. A discussion is being held on certain issues, I have every right to post my opinion on it. This is not a one sided place, where we all have to get along and agree with everything each other says. I should not, nor should anyone else have to tip toe around certain subjects, because it might hurt someone else. If someone has dealt with those issues and a certain opinion will offend them, then maybe they should stay away from that topic.

Its like if you are a recovering alcoholic. If I were one, should my friends have to stop drinking, because I cant drink anymore? Or maybe I should not go out with them when they go out.

Maybe we should all ask Dr. Shelby.:joy::joy:

3 Likes

You’re missing my point, “I don’t care “ is not an opinion. All it does is diminish and belittle the opinions of those who do care. If you don’t care, don’t comment.

This is the kind of pro-active posting I can get behind! 100% All In on a fix like that until Discourse get their arses in gear. Brilliant stuff.

I think the issue of being able to block members has been covered. So to avoid any more childish back and forths, I’m going to close this thread.

3 Likes