BOSJ Tournament Discussion: (Slight Spoilers)

Ospreay is the wrestler of the year, great tournament he’s having. The 10 match card is a bit of an overload but it can work if the first few matches involving non prominent wrestlers are having 6 minute matches, I loved the countout finish that was something different and heelish.

So far, Ospreay-ELP and Ospreay-Bushi have been my favorite matches. Keep in mind I haven’t watched every match, just mostly what’s been recommended here.

1 Like

Today’s Ospreay vs Bandido match was really good!!

1 Like

Taguchi/Romero was great and the last 2 matches were excellent

Dude! Even Ospreay matches with the Young Lion is the best match of the tournament with a Young Lion hell of a run he’s on

Wow Rocky with another unbelievable performance

Watching Night 7 now:

• Rocky and Yoh was awesome - Rocky continues to be a refreshing
    return to the tournament

• the discussion about Indy guys and Douki was actually spot on. Kevin made some great points. Really enjoyed the show without Caprice

• Shingo and Marty was great. Marty with any bigger guy seems to be a great match.

• Osprey and ELP tore the house down. Holy shit. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but match of the tournament for me so far. The ELP heel character is as good as a heel gets in New Japan and he’s so enjoyable to watch. Really fun pairing and I was fully expecting a draw. I can’t believe they put him over - he’s obviously somebody that have a lot invested in.

Just watched night 10 (26/5) with Will Ospreay Vs Robbie Eagles, oh my god what a match.

1 Like

Bandido/Eagles was very fun. B block was great this year

Watching final night of b block live, undercard just finished and it’s Bushi v Ren Narita first up.

Really enjoyed this year’s tournament, great debut tournaments from Eagles, ELP, Shingo, & Douki.

Really enjoyed the mix of commentary partners on the English feed especially Gino Gambino.

Bring on the final & Sumo Hall on Wednesday!

Whoever wins this Final should be admitted into the G1 Climax, and they should be pushed well with the idea somebody can win both in the same year (not sure if that double has ever even be gone for by a Jr…Osprey is the guy to do it although I do question beating Shingo, unless they both move up to the G1 together, and have a rematch in the tournament)

1 Like

“Call me St. George, because I’m gonna slay me a Dragon!” - Wills final backstage comment.

I still think the money is in a undefeated Shingo to go on and win at Sumo Hall, as Will was already Openweight Champion and is most likely going to be in the G1 Climax 29.

Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out over Wednesday and Sunday!

Still picking Shingo to win BOSJ & Mosley to win US Championship.

1 Like

The issue I have with an undefeated Shingo is that I really think they’ve built him up to outgrow the division. So if he wins on Wed, he then has to beat the champ at Dominion. And that keeps him in the Jrs for a bit more whereas I want to see him in the G1 with Will this year. Losing at Dominion would hurt his build and make a G1 appearence less likely. If Will wins in the final at least Shingo lost to a middleweight only

1 Like

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/44585?showCards=1

I like the Bullet Club guys going after the Jr. Tag Titles

1 Like