Cody to WWE?

Is this a reliable site? I’ve never heard of them.

If true, can’t say I’m shocked. I couldn’t see Cody being anything more then the role AJ is in, and that’s probably best case scenario.

As a fan, I hope he comes to WWE because I actually think both products will be better off because of it. If I’m him though, that’s a different story.

1 Like

They broke this story…

They’ve had a few pieces of big news that turned out to be true.

I feel like they also were involved in reporting Punk’s return.

1 Like

If true, I wouldn’t be surprised either. All the supposed reasons he left AEW, would not be any different in WWE.

Who knows though. Guess we will wait and see.

1 Like

The only thing I imagine he gets in WWE is more money. Unless Vince steps down, I think we all know how he will be booked. MAYBE strong for a few months, only to fall into mid card obscurity.

1 Like

Not the best move to leave AEW and then not get a good WWE offer. Probably not coming back to AEW for any big money

4 Likes

Ya, that is weird. You would think he would only leave AEW with an offer from WWE on the table.

2 Likes

Feels like Tony called Cody’s bluff big time.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the weird part. Cody comes across as a really smart man so you have to think it’s not as simple as him over playing his hand.

I think one of the most under appreciated aspects of this is that it’s not a one person deal.

They were initial reports that Brandi played a much bigger role than we think in Cody leaving AEW. Even from watching the show, it’s pretty clear that while there still appears to be a role for Cody and although he gets booed there’s still people who like him, Brandi is a bit different. It truly seems like she has go away heat and everything she’s in feels like a car crash.

She seems pretty hell-bent on furthering her career with all the different ideas she’s put forth that flop. As such, I’m sure that factored a little bit more than we’re appreciating into the AEW issues. You also have to think when he’s negotiating with Vince, that Vinces interest in bringing in Brandi can’t be super high. He already has a much better women’s division than AEW and given her skill set I really don’t see her mixing into the top-tier of those talents. Maybe she could do some low level stuff but I doubt that’s what she wants. Also, they’re not really gonna let her be an executive there.

It will be very interesting if it ever comes out to see how much of a role Brandi played in all of this as anytime you’re trying to negotiate two contracts instead of one it’s a lot more complicated.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, Meltzer is still reporting that Cody to wwe was happening as of two days ago.

2 Likes

Wonder if this was a work all along

The whole situation is so weird. Why the hell would Cody not sign right away, publicly announce he’s leaving AEW, then continue to negotiate with WWE?

Either it’s a work, he got his bluff called by Tony, or this is Cody using the media to negotiate with Vince. Who know, but the buzz is beginning to wear off, and wherever he goes it’s not going to feel as big as it would have two weeks ago.

2 Likes

If this is a work, it benefits nobody.

The longer this goes on, the worse it makes Cody look.

Sometimes you can bet everything on yourself, and lose.

Unless this is all a big set-up for WWE to have him show up at MSG tonight or something.

3 Likes

I was actually thinking the same thing, I wouldn’t put it past wwe to leak false info only to pop the fans on NY.

Really weird. Either AEW and Cody are working everyone, or WWE is by not advertising him, or he really just left one job and the other company said “we good” and he has no job now.

If that’s the case I can’t imagine TK brining him back for anything but a discount rate. Also very embarrassing him knowing the other side didn’t want him to go back like this.

Bizzare all around for sure

1 Like

FYI… MSG opponent for Brock, is Austin Theory.

1 Like

If they debuted Cody to get squashed against Lesnar, that would have been just awful. I didnt expect it, but thank god it didnt happen. I did think there was a chance he came out and spoke IF of course he was signed.

Seriously? That was the big surprise? Has to be more than this