Conor McGregor storms UFC 223 media day, Dana White speaks to media on incident

It’s all about intimidation. Conor showed his boys are scarier

Oh it’s leading to a fight

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/mma/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-rematch-ufc-mma-license-tyron-woodley-dana-white-a8263766.html

Serious question: why would Conor McGregor who has more money than he could ever imagine risk anything at all to trespass and act in a way where lawsuits and arrests are inevitable unless it was staged and he was protected from real prosecution and this all leads to bigger money for everyone involved? The UFC has wanted the kind of attention to its network that WWE has had and doing this definitely makes future events like it must see. Who knows what will happen next?!

Honestly I can’t even fathom WME allowing Dana to just speak like that if this was legit. And he never says Conor will be banned or isn’t welcome in the company when he is asked about the relationship. This shit feels sooooo fake

1 Like

Because he’s dumb…that’s like asking why would Jon Jones a college educated fighter who was on his way to being the potential GOAT fuck over his career for coke and not learning how to drive.

:100:

If you’re a long-time wrestling fan and you think this is a shoot, you need to hand in your smark card.

Let’s cancel 3 fights, send our fight pass crew and prelim tv providers scrambling, and do it in a state that we’ve worked for over 20 years to get decriminalized and licensed to book venues to work the marks…even Russo isn’t that stupid.

News is saying Conor McGregor turned himself into the police…really living that gimmick brother :roll_eyes:

He’s gangster :joy:.

1 Like

Cos he was likely coked out of his fucking mind.

There’s a big part of me that thinks this was orchestrated so he could continue ducking Khabib.

What wouldn’t Dana outright ban him in his lil press conference

Has WME issued a statement?

Probably easier to do that from his couch though. Without the belt, he could easily do what he wants (which weight class or fight the boxer).

I honestly think he’s just an impulsive idiot. Money doesn’t cure stupid. Maybe this will lead to a McGregor/Tito Ortiz fight for the drama king championship

Do people realize how illegal what he did was?! Like if any of us did this to our employer no matter what money we made our company we’d be fired! And arrested. I read some of the charges, seems like he’s getting off just fine.

I’ll believe the UFC doing anything of significance when I see it. Right now they are doing everything they can to bring back Jon Jones who was guilty of drunk driving and was involved in a hit a run where he injured a pregnant woman, not to mention the fact he has failed more than one drug test in his career. I say what he has done is much worse than throwing a chair at a bus its just we don’t have video of everything going on with Jon Jones so its not as shocking.

The only way UFC drops him is because they know they can’t get him to fight and they will make a show of letting him go to save face.

1 Like

Holloway understandably couldn’t make weight on 6-days notice. The UFC should charge a discount for the fight card or postpone the event.

Conor walks around like the dumbass kid whom pleaded not guilty due to suffering from Affluenza. He showed up with a group of ~15 people, which is a cowardly move. And he literally screwed over the whole UFC 223 card. I feel bad for the fighters, whom should be focusing on their fights and have to deal with this bullshit. Not to mention that Chiesa has a bad laceration on his forehead.

1 Like

Important part is the bit I’ve put in bold italics. If we made the money Connor makes for our employer, they’d at least consider keeping us around.

I imagine that if this can get sorted out to a place where they can actually do business then the UFC will happily run Connor/Khabib and use the video footage of this event in the hype package.

2 Likes

If I’m any one of the 3 fights that got scrapped I’m suing Connor, UFC, WME, Barclays Center all. While not all may wind up responsible I can’t see how those fighters don’t win a suit for loss of earnings and being put out of work by somebody’s action against them. That’s kind of litigation would cost all involved a pretty penny.

I mean, why are you suing UFC, WME or the Barclay’s Center? Security didn’t fail in their jobs, this group of thugs were allowed in thanks to a credentialed group vouching for them, and likely because it’s Connor McGregor and you aren’t gonna not let Connor McGregor in - you just don’t expect him to be acting like this.

The UFC, WME and the Barclay’s Center couldn’t stop that. Sue MacLife all you want. Sue McGregor and his gang all you want. But the UFC, WME and the venue have nothing to do with this particular issue arising.

1 Like

Not just the loss of earnings for this fight, the damage done to the scar tissue will make them easier to open up now.

1 Like