Dana White in process of securing an island for Int'l fights

This user is suspended until Apr 8, 3020 8:00 am.

Reason: Being a dick

3 Likes

That heel lost his loser leaves town match. Bye Deezy

3 Likes

Ouch! Now if we could only enact justice that swiftly upon Dana Whiteā€™s dense assā€¦

3 Likes

Maybe itā€™s more about the federal govt that didnā€™t and hasnā€™t enacted a consistent plan. Itā€™s basically said to the governors, you figure it out!

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna buy you a beer at the next post wrestling fan convention.

Great work!

1 Like

Pass that beer over to @wai0937, heā€™s the sheriff in these parts.

Iā€™m just rejoicing like the rest of you.

2 Likes

I just realized the year date of 3020. Jeezā€¦ My phone calendar only goes to 2036. So much for marking the date.

Anyone else laugh at the irony that the person supporting these events through this pandemic has a Roman Reigns picture as their avatar?

2 Likes

Deezy deserves the hate he gets sometimes, but he didnā€™t deserve to be banned. There is nothing wrong with him wanting the events to take place. I know for me, Iā€™ve been working still. Iā€™ve been stressed and depressed over the last month and AEW in particular has given me some freedom of that.

A lot of people come here for entertainment/escape, which is very important these days. And he seemed to intentionally try to disrupt that for years now going back to the LAW board. So I get it.

2 Likes

He was being a piece of shit to Alex - and kept egging him on.

Iā€™m not always in agreement of Alexā€™s takes on wrestling - but Deezy was being very shitting, and clearly antagonizing him. And given what Alex has been doing on a daily basis in real life, and dealing with the realities of this pandemic - thatā€™s not cool at all.

Deezy has been a long time shit disturber - and I think for many, he crossed a line in this instance.

This had nothing to do with him wanting shows to happen. This had to do with him not being able to show empathy, or basic respect to another human.

3 Likes

This is it.

It felt like the tone of this place changed when he started posting again. Everything he says is just kinda shitty.

I did put him on ignore, so either way it was fine with me.

But I think the ban was more to do with the joke he made and not so much wanting ufc to happen.

EDIT
Posted this before I saw the one from Mark. He says it better.

2 Likes

Hi

I completely understand where you are coming from. There are going to be people who like having a show to watch as way to unwind and return to some sense of normalcy and those that wonā€™t. If he simply wanted the show to go on (like you) there is zero issue here. What you said is totally cool.

By far the hardest thing about working in a COVID ICU isnā€™t my concern if I will get it or if I have enough PPE. Right now, families drop off someone at the ER and then they canā€™t see them again until they either leave hospital or pass away. I have to call scared families every day and tell them how itā€™s going not well often and all they want to do is come in and I have to say no. In the past 48H we had three deaths - calling people to say someone is gone that they havenā€™t been able to see in a week that walked into hospital is gut wrenching.

Other times I am calling to say they are sick but unfortunately we canā€™t offer them a ventilator and they will pass away.

Yet, each and every person I call - whether itā€™s good news or bad news or the worst news - will always at the end thank me and my team. Itā€™s honestly made me cry more than I have in along time - hearing people at the height of their pain thank us for being here and trying is very emotional.

Itā€™s shown me the best in humanity. Faith I havenā€™t had in a long time.

I am going to remove doctors from this since we go into patient rooms much more limited - but the nurses and RTs are real heroes here. They honestly go in there many times a day and often as is evident in NYC without proper PPE. If we run out most docs will spend money and buy their own - nurses and RTs donā€™t have that kind of spare money. Iā€™ve seen fear in the eyes of my nurses that I havenā€™t seen in 10 years. Yet they push forward and do an amazing job. They work under immense stress, they talk to families multiple times a day, and they are often the people sitting with patients as they die. Because their families canā€™t and Doctors have too many patients.

So coming here and seeing someone antagonizing people then comparing promoters as heroes etc after this just really didnā€™t sit well. It didnā€™t help ther two patients died that day and one sent a massive gift card to the nursing staff as a thank you we cried about. It was a tough day and Maybe I overreacted to his antics. I

I too like to come here and talk wrestling and MMA at a time like this. Whether you choose to watch these shows or not - this isnā€™t the time to be a jerk.

Imagine if I can compare to 9-11. If I came on after when Vince held the first show (pretend it was as controversial as this was because there was still an ongoing terrorist risk). Some people would support the show, others would be against it. If I came on and started comparing Vince as a hero to a firefighter would that be cool? Imagine someone who knows a FF or works with them or knew one that died in NYC - not only is it not funny but itā€™s downright insensitive.

This virus is real - it has killed more people than 9-11 in NYC. Health care workers are being infected, the public is scared and people are dying. They are dying alone without any family around when they were healthy a week earlier.

Literally I get emails from people that I canā€™t share in the wrestling and MMA world that are scared for themselves and their families asking for advice. Itā€™s not a joke.

So while I believe in freedom of speech and being able to voice your opinion and completely understand and have no negative feelings towards anyone who wants to see some sports on TV, you donā€™t have to come on here and act like a jerk and minimize the work the nurses are doing by comparing them to someone trying to make a buck on a MMA show.

Anyway I hope everyone is safe. We will get through this together it will be a lot easier if we are just nicer to each other.

I really forward to being able to grab a drink and maybe having a POST meet up sometime in the future when this is hopefully behind us. And if someone knows him And wants to invite him Iā€™ll even pay for his drink :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you for all you are doing Alex. Every Thursday at 8PM in the UK - the whole country stand outside our homes and just clap for the health workers. I hope the whole world does something similar. What you and your colleagues are doing is amazing.

Dont justify yourself for anything. He was being a dick and deserved to be told.

2 Likes

I banned him because I felt he was taking away rather than contributing to the forums. I donā€™t really feel any need to justify it beyond that.

13 Likes

Can someone do the math (cause Iā€™m really bad at it): how much money will UFC lose if they buy an island, built an airport and flight fighters on private jets to fight in the UFC Thunderdome there vs how much money will they lose from the TV deal they have and are (supposedly) doing this for?

One PPV is worth at the minimum 15 million in ESPN revenue alone.

And now it is canceled. Sounds like ESPN/Disney told Dana not to do it. Good.

3 Likes

This sounds like the plot of a bad action movie. Or the plans of a terrible Bond villain. ā€œMy private island where I will fly people in from all over the worldā€ what could go wrong?