Extreme Warfare Revenge

Anyone remember this game? I used to play this for hours as a kid until I switched to a Mac over PC years ago. I just loaded a Windows virtual machine onto my iMac and installed this for nostalgia purposes - forgot how fun it is and looks like people still update the data and rosters for current day.

1 Like

Great game! They updated it to TEW I think

For those of us who are old enough to play games like that but have zero experience, what is this game and the point?

Is it like a brand management sim or something ?

Basically! Think of it as a GM or Franchise mode. You get to sign wrestlers, put on a card, handle all behind the scenes negotiations etc. it’s very detailed but very addicting once you get into the swing of it or get into competition with another company

1 Like

I remember trying this out and never really getting into it. I loved the GM mode of the SD vs Raw games but found this to be way more detailed than I wanted.

A little like the GM mode in some sports games where you spend more time setting the prices of hot-dogs than playing actual games.

2 Likes

Another ‘Company’ that is player driven or computer driven?

CPU driven. It’s a one player game

I played it a lot as a teenager. My friends and I were obsessed with Football Manager so discovering there was a similar game for wrestling was brilliant.

In a way it’s surprising a major developer hasn’t produced a more complex and polished wrestling game of this type. Similarly, i’ve always wanted an NFL licensed American football version of Football Manager.

2 Likes

I loved this game. I remember being on a forum and a bunch of us would have our own companies and actually write out versions of our shows on a weekly basis.

I remember a big feud I had with Ken Shamrock/Vader & Teddy Hart/Michael Shane. I also had another company where I created a team known as the Carson City Convicts.

1 Like

Awesome game. I remember convincing Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero to sign with me in TNA, good times.

1 Like

Loved this game but never got too far. I either got bored booking 2-3 shows a week as WWE or WCW, or went broke trying to play as a smaller promotion. Maybe I need to try again as an adult.

I also remember the developer trying to cash in on the idea (can’t blame him) but not too many people being interested once he lost the ability to use the names of real wrestlers. Maybe it wasn’t that cut and dry, but that’s how I remember it.

I feel you on the burnout. Definitely makes you respect the Booker man a bit more when you’re 3 weeks in and TNT is ready to cancel Nitro

I just booked some combo of Jericho/Benoit/Eddy as often as possible. Scott Keith always loved it!

1 Like

There are still updated mods available for EWR by the way, if you ever want to try your hand at it again.

1 Like

I’ve only seen TEW not EWR lately

EWR was the deal back in the day!

And TEW’s a really good game, but it’s so complex that it can be daunting for someone new to the genre. That being said, Grey Dog Software had a pretty solid selection of games last time I checked (granted that was probably like 2-3 years ago). :100:

2 Likes

Absolutely! I loved that game. Wish they made one for the iPhone. I rebooked 1991/mania 7 so many times as a child.

1 Like

I was pretty deep in to EWR’s main rival ‘Promotion Wars’ in the early 2000’s. Did anyone else play? I used the handle BionicCoomar and ran a large Promotion Wars website called PWadditions.

EWR was the far superior game. Had loads of fun playing it way back when.

2 Likes

I’m not even going to lie that I’ve had a game of it going for a couple of years now. I admittedly drop in and out but it can get really addictive getting a low end promotion upto a wwe competitor. I’ve always loved football manager though so it’s a similar concept.

The Tew games are supposed to be great but they are more in depth, can still download real world rosters to us though. They need to do a mobile version of that style of game.

1 Like

Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 on XBox 360 had the best GM Mode i’ve come across yet. Still play out seasons occasionally on it.

1 Like