G1 2019 Contest Results Updates

Hello, G1 contest entrants! Thanks to the 533 of you who entered this year’s contest and good luck to you all. I will be posting PDFs of results and statistics to this thread in a similar fashion as to what was done last year.

Randobot 2000 is back and has submitted a contest entry. This is a list of picks that was completely random so you can compare your results and see if you’re as accurate as a series of coin-flips. :smiley:

Good luck to everyone, enjoy the wealth of great matches we’re going to see, and have a CRUEL SUMMER!!!

CLICK HERE for a master list of Listener Predictions

Randobot 2000’s score after day 17: 45 out of 85

Results PDFs:

9 Likes

Hi, is there a way to see what you predicted? I’ve pretty much forgot all of mine. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, everyone. I have to head out early for the day tomorrow and won’t be able to update the G1 Contest results until later in the evening or possible Sunday morning after day 3. Enjoy the matches!

3 Likes

533* entrants!
Technically 552 but it’s wrestling so…

835 entrants! Wow!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this Chis

1 Like

Hi, guys. If you check the main post there is a link to download a file that has a single page summary of each listener’s predictions. You can search on your name and find the picks you made.

2 Likes

Thank you. Love the contest.

1 Like

Hey Tony, search for your name in the Master List:

1 Like

Do I get a prize for correctly guessing the winner of both Yano vs Naito and Taichi vs Naito?

2 Likes

Day 5 and I’m not dead last. I’ll call that a win.

2 Likes

Day 6 and my new objective is to beat Davie’s girlfriend.

4 Likes

I feel I’m doing slightly better than average, 34 points as of now. Likely mathematically eliminated alongside half of the A Block, right in the middle of the where the POST C Block is.

My goal at this point is to just beat Randobot. So far I have two points on him.

1 Like

Randobot has been very Lance Archer-like in his performance. Very strong out of the gate but tapering off as the tournament goes on.

5 Likes

Day 12 and new my objective is to get onto sheet 2 of the standings.

3 Likes

I’m amazingly on the first sheet. Also, I’m tied with Vivienne Murray!

2 Likes

Hi, everyone. I’ll start out by saying “everyone is safe and fine.” My wife and I were in a pretty harrowing car accident this afternoon. Like I said, we’re OK but we’re both pretty upset because we had our two year old nephew in the back set. He’s been checked out and is totally fine apart from some scratches from his car seat straps.

To be honest, I’m not sure how much I’m going to want to watch the G1 this weekend and I have all the normal police and insurance stuff to deal with so if the contest updates are late for the next few days I wanted to at least give an explanation as to why.

10 Likes

Glad you and your family are safe. Take whatever time you need.

Take care sir. Shitty when these things happen.