G1 2020 Contest Results Updates

C-Block Potential Winners

The race for the C-Block is close. I ran a quick analysis to see who can still theoretically win. Remember that it’s not just about getting the right picks; it’s also about your opponents getting the wrong picks. If you pick perfect but your opponent does, too, your relative rank remains the same.

I ran a quick analysis to see what the scenarios would be for each POST Wrestling C-Block participant if they had perfect 10-for-10 picks across the last two shows. For the ones at the top, that is not the only scenario wherein they would win but for those nearer to the bottom it’s necessary. Here’s how the C-Block would finish for each competitor if they picked all the winners correctly for the last two shows:

Benno, by far, has the most complicated scenario. He would be in a 3-way tie with Brad and Davie Portman at 56 points each. The tie-breaker points based on picking block and overall winners would be:

• Benno could earn up to 5 if Okada wins A Block, Naito wins B-Block, and Okada wins the G1 final
  • Brad could earn up to 1 if Ibushi wins the A Block
  • Davie could earn up to 4 if Ibushi wins the A Block and the G1 final

Brad would win outright with 60 points.

Davie would win outright with 58 points.

Mark would win outright with 59 points.

Mike would win outright with 58 points.

Randobot would not win C-Block with perfect picks. Even if Randobot gets 10 out of 10 it would finish with 53 and both Brad and Davie would finish with 54.

Vivienne, unfortunately, would also not win C-Block with perfect picks. If she gets 10 out of 10 she will finish with 53. With these same picks, Brad would win with 56.

Wai Ting would win outright with 57 points.

WH would win outright with 57 points.

2 Likes

I’m not liking my chances with the potential of my picks only getting me 1 point for Ibushi winning the A Block. Benno is looking pretty good with his potential 5 points. Nerve-racking indeed.

I am climbing up more and more. Only three underneath the top of the mountain. My first perfect score right before the Tokio shows.

HUGE SWING IN C-BLOCK!!! Gedo could not have booked it better.

4 Likes

What a terrible day to go 1 for 5. Well I was just keeping top spot warm for Mike, take it and go!

2 Likes

Holding off on spoilers and any real analysis until the recaps are up, but one comment for thought:

How many wrestlers have ever had the level of month Tomohiro Ishii just did?

Just so people aren’t wondering, the contest winners are going to be announced on the recap show after the G1 Finals on Sunday. To keep things suspenseful, the day 18 recap won’t be updated until after that show goes live. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt!

Just like Ibushi, I’m going to be a back to back champ!

Hey, everyone. I’ve posted a preliminary report for day 18 with no contest spoilers. It has the final point standings of the wrestlers, the contest participants who got 5-out-of-5 today, and the overall group accuracy. Contest winners and full results will be on the G1 Finals recap show on Sunday.

Teaser: The C-Block finish is about as close and tense as the B-Block was today!

I think Mike took the C Block but I’m happy to be competitive until the last day vs 2 years ago when I finished dead last overall.

1 Like

We’ve reached the end of another great G1! I’ve posted the full results file above. If you don’t want the results spoiled, listen to the recap show with John, Wai, and WH first. Thanks, everyone, for participating. It was a lot of fun to track the stats and watch all of the C-Block drama unfold. :smiley:

Now it’s time to shut Randobot down for another year until it’s G1 season once again.

6 Likes

Awesome work Chris! You always come through with the stats!

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Job well done again this year Chris!!

2 Likes

Thanks as always Chris! Awesome job and I love when you add your analysis

Thank you Chris for all the work you put in so that we can have our G1 experience!

Great work as always Chris. Your work on this and the Rumble contests always help add to those big events and it was great fun following along with it again

If I remember correctly, last year you did a comparison for everyone who participated in 2018. Is it something you considered doing but decided not to? I really liked that last year. Thanks for all the hard work Chris.